• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • stack23

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 11, 2011
    NWI
    Looking to get a boresnake for my 9mm, wondering if it's worth the extra $ to get the viper or just stick with the original, opinions?

bcsd372

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Columbus
    My "originals" still work fine but I'd probably go for the Viper if I needed another caliber or a replacement. It's pretty easy to just pull the ones I already have through another time or two if necessary.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    I replaced both my 9mm and .45 snakes with the newer vipers. I have not noticed that much of a difference. So if I had to do it over I would just buy what ever is cheapest.

cundiff5535

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Feb 19, 2012
    Nwi
    I have read a lot of reviews from places that sell the two (Midway & Brownells)... A lot of neg feedback on the vipers saying that the rope has snapped etc... Originals were all perfect. I own the regular snakes... The "place for oil" thing sounds interesting. I may have to look into this a little more!

pleiades

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 17, 2011
    I went with the Viper only because it is tapered at the end so it's easier to get in. And I use it as a quick clean at the range.

Arthur Dent

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    If I'm less than 500 or so rounds in between cleanings it just gets the boresnake. Don't really see the advantage of the viper. But then I'm cheap and it's cheaper to run the regular boresnake through twice.

Top Bottom