Bought a new gun that I really wanted and promptly.....

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    .......traded it to my dad. Yeah. He liked it way more than I thought. It was the S&W EZ 380. I stopped in to a LGS I usually don't go to because I couldn't remember if they stocked a decent selection of knives. I'm kinda shopping for a new EDC blade. Anyway as I was about to walk out, I looked in the case I was leaning on and there it was. It was used, but lightly. The price was about what they were last fall when they were on sale, so pretty decent, especially given the current climate.

So I bought it. Today we went to see my folks and I took it along to show my dad. He really liked it. A lot. So I said I'd trade him for the Bersa Thunder 380 he has. He was nice enough to throw in a holster. :)

I really can't stand the Bersa. It hurts my hand for some weird reason. But my wife has shot it before and she likes it................

Yeah. But it's worth it.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    .......traded it to my dad. Yeah. He liked it way more than I thought. It was the S&W EZ 380. I stopped in to a LGS I usually don't go to because I couldn't remember if they stocked a decent selection of knives. I'm kinda shopping for a new EDC blade. Anyway as I was about to walk out, I looked in the case I was leaning on and there it was. It was used, but lightly. The price was about what they were last fall when they were on sale, so pretty decent, especially given the current climate.

So I bought it. Today we went to see my folks and I took it along to show my dad. He really liked it. A lot. So I said I'd trade him for the Bersa Thunder 380 he has. He was nice enough to throw in a holster. :)

I really can't stand the Bersa. It hurts my hand for some weird reason. But my wife has shot it before and she likes it................

Yeah. But it's worth it.

tenor.gif

Nazgul

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2012
    Near the big river.
    Good job BT. Better to give than receive.

Bought a Kimber 45 I wanted from a member here several years ago. Took my wife with me to pick it up, she liked it and put it in her purse!! I only saw it to clean it!!

Don

Old Bear

Greyman Apprentice
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Aug 19, 2016
    Newton County
    My wife loves the Bersa that I bought. And she promptly kept it:( So I bought another one for me. Ours are Bersa Firestorms. They are a Thunder with a different slide/sights and wraparound rubber finger groove grips. I later bought a .22 Thunder for cheap practice. I hated it until I put the wraparound grips on it. Might be something to look into.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    So, just askin' if I were to post up 400 rounds of .380 ball at 30 cents a round would anyone be interested?

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    76   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    I just wish my parents were still around to trade stuff like guns and knives plus see the grandkids and great grandkids.

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    I really can't stand the Bersa. It hurts my hand for some weird reason. But my wife has shot it before and she likes it................Yeah. But it's worth it.

Sometimes, one has to do what one has to do...and then just smile about it all!
    My wife has taken a few guns from me...I finally got to the point where I would buy something she wanted (slightly used and at a good price) and then, when she'd want it, my response has been, 'Well, if I can get something to replace it?' which has never failed in my desire to get new stuff! :)
    Sometimes, one has to add the method to the madness!

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Bersa make good handguns? I've seen them around for years but never tried one out. Good on you BigTanker. My father was in need of something easier i gave him my Ruger Lcrx 38 special i had. He enjoys it.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis

Yeah. But it's worth it.

Loved your story BigTanker! :thumbsup:
    That's how someone treats family and maybe some friends! :laugh:
    I've sold a gun to a friend that I didn't want to sell, but he he was a great freind.
    It took me months before I was able to replace it, but it was worth it to make a friend's day!
    I had bought the gun at a really terrific price, which of course is what I sold it to him for, then it cost me $50 more to replace it plus a spring replacement for the rear sight.

Old Bear

Greyman Apprentice
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Aug 19, 2016
    Newton County
    Bersa make good handguns? I've seen them around for years but never tried one out. Good on you BigTanker. My father was in need of something easier i gave him my Ruger Lcrx 38 special i had. He enjoys it.

I have always had good luck with my Bersa's. I think they are much better built and more reliable than some of the bigger name brands. Still considering getting a 9mm Bersa...just because:):

Top Bottom