• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nicajack

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 21, 2011
    Miami County
    I lucked into a European stalking rifle recently. Have only seen a couple of others in my whole life. They are not very common in America. Always thought they were really neat, light rifles and are hand made with old world craftsmanship. I have no experience with one and very little knowledge about them. Didn't find much on net, either.
    I believe it is in 8.15 X 46R cartridge. Will have to do chamber cast to find out for sure. It is in really good condition. It is an underlever action. Bore looks about perfect. 2 blade leaf rear. Also has claw mounts but no scope or rings. The slot for one of the bases was cut through the middle of the maker's info and locality in Europe where it was made. I would guess Belgium or Austria. Barrel is octagon with top sort of knurled to stop any glare.
    Any information on these would be appreciated. I think it is a really neat little rifle. Never thought I would ever own one.

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    Holy crap! I Googled "European stalking rifle" to take a look at a possible pic and Google already has this (1 hour old thread) as the 5th hit from the top!

nicajack

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 21, 2011
    Miami County
    012-1.jpg
    014-1.jpg

Here are a couple of pics of my find. This is the first time I have been able to figure out how to post pics here....John:ingo::ingo:

booey50

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 27, 2009
    nw indiana
    It looks like ammo will be fun to get unless you reload, if you are going to shoot it at all.
    Buffalo Arms has some here. It looks like the case is a glorified .30-.30 casing and bullet size is in between a .316-.325", which isn't bad.

Top Bottom