• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Faine

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 2, 2012
    Indy (South Side)
    After some long hard thought on personalizing my rifle I decided that a modest application of Cerakote would be the best way for me to go. I was very unsure of myself on this and wishy washy, have been for months. I did a lot of internet searches, researching various colors, companies, and the benefits and drawbacks of the process. In the end I called up Joe Bell at Bell Precision Rifles. He could tell I wasn't really 100% on this and rather than let me make a mistake or just blindly sell me something he asked me to come out to his shop and actually see what he had going on. So after some discussion about work schedules we found a nice 4am/5am meeting would work best for us both and I set off.

If you're a driver and love to drive windy roads, the path out there is amazing. Just be careful, with all the rain we had the road did get washed out in one place and there was a car in a field that had clearly been swept off the road.

Anyhow, I safely made it out to his shop and spent a little over an hour a looking at colors, talking about options and finally just shootin' the poop. Joe is a really down to earth guy who came across as knowledgeable, humble, and yet someone who takes great pride in his work and abilities. He showed me various projects he was working on, though not his 1911 that I wanted to see really bad, and even offered if the next time I come out when it's daylight to show me his range and maybe even let me test fire a couple of his rifle builds. As with most of my purchases and services that revolve around firearms I ended up making my final decision based on my impression of the person. As far as I'm concerned I'm 3 for 3 over the past month with having dealt with A&A Optics, Bobcat Steel and now BPR. I can't wait to get my stuff back!

Faine

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 2, 2012
    Indy (South Side)
    It's not assembled as it's going to be an SBR and I don't have the stamp. I have pictures of the parts though so, I can show the difference between individual parts, I'm working on getting someone to do some high quality photos of it after I assemble it however, whenever the atf catches up to the point my paperwork is at.

JMWetzel89

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    I'm glad to here this, Joe is a great friend of mine and has built several guns for me. You will not be dispointed with his work.

Faine

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 2, 2012
    Indy (South Side)
    I'm glad to here this, Joe is a great friend of mine and has built several guns for me. You will not be dispointed with his work.

I saw his work while there, he clearly takes great pains to ensure the best quality. I am confident I will be a return customer of his, he didn't even try and sold me on one of his rifles, just handling a few parts I could tell the quality was on a level above anything I've ever gotten my hands on before.

Faine

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 2, 2012
    Indy (South Side)
    I'm curious, what did he quote for a wait time? What all are you having done?

1-2 days turn around, but he did mention that he shoots competitions so I would guess depending on his availability it could be longer, but I imagine he'd let you know if it was going to take longer for whatever reason.

and what does he charge, if you mind me asking?

His charges vary a little based on complexity of the pieces, single or multi color, and the firearm to be worked on. I'm having 2 firearms done, one in two colors, and some additional machining I need done on my firearms for under 400. I would suggest that for price you contact Joe at joedbell@gmail.com. He was pretty quick with a response to me and his initial quote over the phone was very close to what the final quote ended up being. At least it was for me.

Faine

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 2, 2012
    Indy (South Side)
    Well, I got all but one of my parts back today, I am very very happy with the work done. He managed to not blast it so far that the lighter engravings still show below the cerakote and the finish is top notch. The piece I didn't get back he wasn't happy with how it turned out, so he is going to refinish is it and get it to me Monday.

I spent a good amount of time out at his place today and had an absolute blast. Met one of his friends, his family, did some shooting, ate some roast mule deer. Again I could not be more impressed with his work and character.

I am going to hold off on pictures at this point until I can assemble my rifle and take pictures then.

Top Bottom