• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • swbster

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jan 11, 2010
    Noblesville, IN
    I am hoping that I can get some additional info on a little history here. How long has Browning been making these, which other calibers did they make/do they make in the nickel finish and have they always been made in Italy?

A little out of my price range but they sure seem nice - as maybe an heirloom but I was hoping they were made in the US at some point. Thanks for any perspective.:ingo:

match14

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    South Central IN.
    Can you attach a picture or at least be more specific as to the model?
    Is it a Browning BDA, which hold 13 rounds in the magazine? I know they made those with the nickel finish.

swbster

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jan 11, 2010
    Noblesville, IN
    Image of Browning BDA 380 in Nickel

pix993795707.jpg

JCR

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 12, 2009
    I believe they started making them in the late 70s. In the particular version you show above, .380 is the only caliber I have seen. This weapon is very similar to the Beretta model 84.

Browning had a different product that was also known as a BDA, which was available in .45 and 9mm. That version is nothing like the one you show above, and was similar to the Sig model P220.

Yamaha

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Summitville,IN
    Nice, browning originated as simply a designer for firearms, first lever shotgun, first pump shotgun, 1911 are some biggies. The company will work with about any respected company out there, berretta, FNH, Colt, Winchester....just to name a few

Dawall

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    Lake County
    The Browning BDA 380 was made by Beretta. That is why it says made in Italy. The BDA uses the same mag as the Beretta 84. You can find mags up to 30 round to fit it. Only difference is the safety/decocker. Slide mounted on the BDA and frame mounted on the 84.
    The Browning BDA 45 was made by Sig Sauer (P220) except bottom mag release. FYI. Hope this helps...

Top Bottom