• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    Personally, I'd go adjustable. Depending how crappy the weather is, you may have a lot of clothes on, or you may not. So depending on layer thickness you can adjust the stock where the LOP feels right.

As for a stock, I'd probably look at a STR, they have a bit of a cheek piece but nothing that sticks out like the battery compartments on the ASC. Hogue is starting to make AR buttstocks too, I'm curious to see how they'd feel.

Normal H buffer and carbine spring should be more than enough. Might go H2 to soften the recoil a bit but if it functions perfectly with a H buffer, I'd leave it be

operatorj

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 3, 2014
    Heltonville
    For me it depends on what the rifle is going to be used for. For a long rang/precision rig I would go fixed. For run and gun go collapsible. Buffer would be H at least but again would depend on barrel length, gas tube length. If you are running a 18" or longer with rifle gas and want a collapsible stock look at the Vltor V5 stock. If I remember correctly it was designed for the Marine Corp for there 20" rifle so they could run collapsible stocks.

jstrahl

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 22, 2009
    Franklin
    I just completed a 458 build and went with the Magpul UBR. A bit expensive, but gives you the best of both worlds. The stability of a fixed stock, but adjustable like a traditional collapsible stock. It includes its own proprietary tube and then you just need to use a spring and buffer for a collapsible stock.

I don't have any experience with the 450, but when I was researching my 458 build every place said to not use a H buffer. Unless you find otherwise, I'd just stick with the standard buffer.

Top Bottom