• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    Honestly for $900~ I don't think anybody could buy a nicer 1911 , usually you don't even get nice 25LPI checkering untill the $1,200~ price point. Assuming it holds up well this might get added to my recommendation list.
    Totally agreed. I'm a very happy DW guy but have many times preached the gospel of the Ruger SR1911 when it comes to this price point.

My allegiance may be shifting... everything I've read and watched about BUL makes me believe this brand won't disappoint. Very much looking forward to more updates from Sarge.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Honestly for $900~ I don't think anybody could buy a nicer 1911 , usually you don't even get nice 25LPI checkering untill the $1,200~ price point. Assuming it holds up well this might get added to my recommendation list.
    The prices seem steady at around 799.00 so it's a great value, even some SPFD stainless mil-specs are more than that at some places.

hANNAbONE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    Des Moines, Iowa
    I've handled the BUL 1911 Govt models a couple times at the 1500 and a few other gun shows, they always seemed like well put together pistols with some nice features. I saw on their website they offer a Commander 9mm version which is what I wanted to try. In all my 1911 travels I have never actually owned a 1911 in 9mm so this would be a departure. They weren't available for awhile but finally some popped up on Gunbroker for less than 800.00 so I took a chance. The price is definitely right for these as I could barely order a frame and slide from Caspian spec'd this way. I was pretty impressed when I got it. They have 10-8 style sights in a Novak dovetail, great slide/frame/barrel fit, ramped barrel, very good factory beavertail fit and i'm usually picky about that, nicely done 25 lpi checkering and beveled magwell, nice G10 grips. I thought I would change out the black safety when I got it but it's blended pretty well with the frame and doesn't really bother me. I will likely change out the ugly trigger and I hate those hammers with the split down the middle these come with, that's definitely going. Trigger is very nice on this one though. The protruding barrel bugs me a bit but I can have that turned down if I care to. I will probably do a bit of de-horning too but really this is one you could buy and really not have to do anything to. I put through about 100 rds today and it functioned great, and shot about 1-1.5 inch groups easy enough with some old cheap FMJ.

eF4NbH1l.jpg

I traded for that very handgun this week.

I received it yesterday from my FFL as I bought/traded for it out of state.

I have yet to shoot it but MAN O MAN is it built.!! 1st time I held it & racked it I was sold.

My range is shut down for the time being so I gotta find a place to shoot the thing.

I'm glad you have one too.

hANNAbONE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    Des Moines, Iowa
    That is a beautiful firearm. Being new to the 1911 world where do these guys stand in quality @churchmouse
    Are they Springfield quality or Dan Wesson, or Nighthawk?

I held and racked a Springfield AO full size 45 ACP right next to this BUL 45ACP.

The internal slickness on the BUL vs the Springer were night n day.

I traded for it on the spot.

hANNAbONE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    Des Moines, Iowa
    I added a few little upgrades to the BUL. I added that Chen magwell I posted about above and then ordered some plain black checkered G10 grips and some plain stainless grip screws. I also put in a solid Greider medium trigger and a hammer that is a bit more to my liking vs. that weird split hammer it comes with. While I had it apart I tweaked the trigger a bit but really it came pretty nice from the factory. The cuts are Novak so I ordered a night sight front and got that installed pretty easy but the cut was a tad deep so I had to carefully file the flat on top of the slide but just a hair. When you get inside these they are pretty impressive, a lot of little details. The grip screws come with rubber o rings to keep the grip screws in, the sear spring has the right bevels, polished disconnector among a few things.

R76YPmWl.jpg

8IW1s8ol.jpg

where did you find the front sight???

Price??

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Quicky from Wiki

BUL Armory is an Israeli handgun manufacturer.

BUL Armory manufactures CZ 75 and M1911 clones and is known particularly for its BUL M-5. BUL was founded in 1990 in Israel and initially produced only a variant of the 1911 pistol (the BUL M-5). Later it began producing the BUL Storm and BUL Cherokee series of pistols. The Storm and Cherokee are chambered only in the 9mm Parabellum while the M-5 is chambered then 9mm Parabellum, 9x21, 9x23, .38 Super, .40 S&W, and .45 ACP.

I had an IMI produced 9mm in the 90's solid pistol. The BUL in the pictures looks pretty nice.

theundeadelvis

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 3, 2012
    Quicky from Wiki

BUL Armory is an Israeli handgun manufacturer.

BUL Armory manufactures CZ 75 and M1911 clones and is known particularly for its BUL M-5. BUL was founded in 1990 in Israel and initially produced only a variant of the 1911 pistol (the BUL M-5). Later it began producing the BUL Storm and BUL Cherokee series of pistols. The Storm and Cherokee are chambered only in the 9mm Parabellum while the M-5 is chambered then 9mm Parabellum, 9x21, 9x23, .38 Super, .40 S&W, and .45 ACP.

I had an IMI produced 9mm in the 90's solid pistol. The BUL in the pictures looks pretty nice.
    I believe they make the Magnum Research 1911s as well.

DocIndy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Mar 30, 2010
    Franklin
    I had John at Highsmiths cut my barrel back a bit and re-crown it, I didn't really like that barrel nub sticking out so much. It's cut to just a little above the slide, looks better to me.

1iHzIUGl.jpg
    Looks better… I have always hated the gap around the plug on a bull barrel. I have AllenM fit the keyed plugs to fill that stupid gap. Just a personal thing. I’m glad to see Bul becoming a more available brand. I hope they expand their product line a bit and keep the quality standards they have without getting too big too fast and letting the quality fall off.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Looks better… I have always hated the gap around the plug on a bull barrel. I have AllenM fit the keyed plugs to fill that stupid gap. Just a personal thing. I’m glad to see Bul becoming a more available brand. I hope they expand their product line a bit and keep the quality standards they have without getting too big too fast and letting the quality fall off.
    I've never fit one of those as I rarely have a bull barreled 1911, i'm okay with it but I can see where it would bother some!

Top Bottom