• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • freekforge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    marion
    Anyone ever have a bullet fall out of a factory loaded case? I was looking at some of my 7.62x25 S&B ammo and when i turned it upside down to look at the head stamp the bullet actually fell out of the case. That could be super dangerous. but anyway anyone see this before.

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    Yes. It was with the green & white box Remington UMC 223 a few years ago. I bought 5 boxes at Wal-Marx and a few other things including a cold tea from the cooler by the register. It was summer and when I reached in the bag to get my tea after I got in the truck it felt like there was sand on the bottle. It turned out to be powder. I opened the boxes and there were several loose bullets and powder everywhere. I took things back inside to show them. The first thing they said is we don't take returns on ammo. I told them I just bought them and they needed to pull the remaining supply off the shelf and check them. They wanted to argue and I asked for the store manager and the sporting goods manager both. They came up after about 10 minutes and I told them what happened. The store manager parroted what the service girl said about not giving refunds. I just shook my head. It took both me and the sporting goods manager to convince him that it could be dangerous to sell them to someone who didn't know much about ammo or a new shooter. We finally got him convinced and he said to pull them. Then the stupid got deeper. He said that if they were dangerous then I could not leave with them. I said I thought you didn't give refunds on ammo. He said that was correct and wasn't planning on giving me one. He wanted my ammo back, with no refund and he promised that when the new shipment came in I could get some from that truck, all I had to do was come and find him and remind him. I laughed and told him no thanks then headed for the door. I took my wet bag of powder and ammo and went home. Every round that was still together got crimped and the ones that fell apart got tossed. Out of 5 boxes I threw away about a dozen.

I haven't bought UMC in any caliber since then and don't plan to.

One Shot One Kill

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 15, 2014
    Near The Dunes
    No, but I've had bullets pushed IN. 50 box of Perfecta .223 ammo I got for walmart. Had 1 round chambered, ejected it shortly after because I realized I had some other ammo I wanted to shoot first... Once ejected I found that the bullet was pushed more than halfway into the casing and rattling loosely. Never buying that brand again.

freekforge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    marion
    Im going to send S&B an email in the morning letting them know. It seemed to be the only one that wasn't crimped right but there may be other boxes I'll see if i can find the box so i can give them the lot #

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    Yes with surplus rifle ammo,regular factory range ammo, and cheap win 12 ga shells always loose shot.

Soak anything loose in a bucket of water and pitch it. I hand load now and buy higher quality when I do buy some factory stuff.

Drail

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Bloomington
    Factory ammo has become a complete crap shoot. Some of the Soviet bloc import stuff is so bad that I can hardly believe it is legal to sell. And in recent years some of the old name American brands have gotten just as bad. Handloading may be one of the most important skills you can learn.

Top Bottom