• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    Anyone familiar with camping in this area?

Looks like it is possible to camp at Mounds SRA or maybe Whitewater Memorial SP. Considering a weekend extended-family getaway with tents or maybe a fifth wheel.

Anyone have any experience at these locations?

Restroyer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2015
    SE Indiana
    It's a nice place to camp, fish, boat, shoot, horseback ride, etc. They also rent cabins fairly cheap through the state park at Whitewater Memorial. We live about 40 minutes south of Brookville Lake and I highly recommend it.

kludge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    We rented one of the cabins at Mounds SRA last autumn. We enjoyed it very much.

eta: correction... Our cabin was at Whitewater.

Last edited:

maverick18

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    Clinton County
    Depending on which kind of camper you are would greatly influence my decision as to where to stay. If you are the laid back just chill kind of camper, Whitewater Memorial is the place for you. It is probably my favorite state park. Clean and fairly quiet, they enforce the rules pretty strictly, ie., noise after a certain time, kids on scooters, general rowdiness. Now if you are one that like to turn on your radio and have a few adult beverages later into the night, then Mounds is probably where you want to go. Its also really nice, but all of the SRA's that are on a lake tend to be a little noisier and less strict on the rules.

The range is right on the NE side of the lake, last time I was there it was in a state of disrepair but that was also when the state slashed the state park budget and they were making personnel cuts.

adws943

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 15, 2013
    I have a permanent camp at Brookville. I am there most weekends.
    PM if you have questions about the area.

Top Bottom