• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • What do you think about carrying at concerts or similar events?

• Total voters

wolfts01

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 14, 2010
    New Haven
    Hey all. I'm going to a Bonamassa concert tonight at the Embassy and it got me thinking about the subject of carrying at concerts. It is strictly against the Embassy's policy to have weapons, even tasers and pepper spray. I actually somewhat agree with the policy, due to the nature of the event. If you end up needing to defend yourself it will be far too crowded to "safely" use a firearm to do so.

Just wondering what the general consensus is on whether carrying to concerts is a valid "exception" to the "always be armed" principle.

I have been to a concert there before (Skillet :rockwoot:), and there was an officer on duty. I feel this is "real" enough security to ease my worries. I'm still packing a few knives, however. ;)

Tripp11

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    How will you defend yourself while walking from the concert venue to your personal vehicle?

Edit: I now see the comment about blades.

I would still carry at the concert venue, if I was able to get past whatever door/entrance security measures were in place.

Donnelly

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2008
    Cass County
    How will you defend yourself while walking from the concert venue to your personal vehicle?

^^ This ^^

However, I could see the use of having something less than lethal as well in case it was needed at the venue.

Agreed, it would be extremely difficult to use a firearm in a crowded area like a concert. I tend to stay away from large gatherings such as this when the venue prohibits firearms. If they feel the need to disarm me, I prefer to spend my money elsewhere.

Icarry2

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Nov 14, 2010
    Franklin County, VA
    just my :twocents:

If you get ejected you loose your concert experience and the money for the ticket

If you have the need to defend yourself beyond your physical ability you could be robbed of the rest of your experiences forever....

96firephoenix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 15, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    the general consensus is that I've been frisked at every concert I've been to, and they have signs that say "firearms prohibited" and its their property, their rules, either adapt or leave.

appendix carry should go un-frisked. my experience is that the concert frisk goes from about 2-10 o'clock. high noon is sure to be unfrisked.

wolfts01

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 14, 2010
    New Haven
    the general consensus is that I've been frisked at every concert I've been to, and they have signs that say "firearms prohibited" and its their property, their rules, either adapt or leave.

appendix carry should go un-frisked. my experience is that the concert frisk goes from about 2-10 o'clock. high noon is sure to be unfrisked.

I ended up carrying after all, and thankfully there was no frisking. I haven't been frisked before at the Embassy, but I also haven't been to a concert serving alcohol until now. I didn't want to end up having to walk back to the car and (wrongfully) look like some crazy person. I know that under no circumstance would I have been able to use my gun (when at the concert), but it was comforting nonetheless.

I wore my belly band in low 12:00 appendix carry thinking the same thing. You'd be surprised what you can get by with if you're not "suspicious". I got into Pierre's with my knife by simply holding it in my hand along with my keys & other stuff as they frisked me; it was clearly visible. That is why my philosophy is to carry even when against their policy, because if they don't frisk every single person they may as well not even care.

Bonamassa is awesome, by the way.:rockwoot:

syl

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 15, 2011
    Worst case if you're carrying -- you don't get in to the concert.
    Worst case if you're not -- who knows?

Top Bottom