• Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    It scares kids and parents huh? Have you experienced this or are you just talking? I OC and have never witnessed anyone getting scared.

I have. (At least very uncomfortable and visibly uneasy with me) but as said, there is a different thread for this.

Kart29

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 10, 2011
    The Indianapolis zoo sucks anyway. Don't bother. You can drive to the St. Louis zoo and back (free admission) for less money than it costs to get in the gate at the Indy zoo. And St. Louis has a better, bigger zoo besides. Plus, after you get inside the gates at the Indy Zoo they nickle and dime you - $3 for this, $3 for that. $18 for a hotdog. Seems like half of their animals are usually off display but they don't charge you half price. The place is a giant rip off.

Evansville has a far superior zoo and it's reasonably priced.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    The Indianapolis zoo sucks anyway. Don't bother. You can drive to the St. Louis zoo and back (free admission) for less money than it costs to get in the gate at the Indy zoo. And St. Louis has a better, bigger zoo besides. Plus, after you get inside the gates at the Indy Zoo they nickle and dime you - $3 for this, $3 for that. $18 for a hotdog. Seems like half of their animals are usually off display but they don't charge you half price. The place is a giant rip off.

Evansville has a far superior zoo and it's reasonably priced.
    this is so true! Indy zoo sucks

Rocdenindy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Indy
    I actually called the zoo the other day and spoke with the head of their security. He stated that the zoo does not have a posted no firearms policy but does have an internal policy that states no firearms. He also stated that they do not have to show anyone it because it is an internal policy. I asked him what would happen if I carried and someone told security. He stated that security would ask me to take it to my car and hope that I do. He did not say that they would "force" me to, just hope that I would. I CC 99% of the time and would there. I think that I may just look into a smaller cc weapon for situations like this.

85t5mcss

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Zionsville-NW Indy
    Maybe they've removed the signs but they were there in the past. And they won't "force" you to remove it. But once asked and you do not adhere to their wishes all it takes is one phone call and you will be removed for trespassing. Charged for it? Not a risk I'm willing to take.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Huh. Must have taken down the signs at the gates. Of course, I've pretty much stopped looking. My wife and kiddo go every couple of weeks. I'll remind her to look around.

+1 for calling and checking.

I actually like our zoo. Sure, it is small. But, it is still pretty nice. They do a lot of research and conservation work there, and the new Orangutan exhibit looks pretty slick. I really appreciate the fact it is PRIVATE, and not run on the backs of us tax payers. St. Louis is free, only because the local citizenry are paying out the nose for it.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Maybe they've removed the signs but they were there in the past. And they won't "force" you to remove it. But once asked and you do not adhere to their wishes all it takes is one phone call and you will be removed for trespassing. Charged for it? Not a risk I'm willing to take.

There is no risk unless you are a jack wagon about it. If they ask you to leave, you leave. No cop in his right mind is going to arrest you on sight for trespassing without giving you the opportunity to leave when asked.

VERY important point several have missed. PRIVATE PROPERTY "NO GUNS" SIGNS DO NOT CARRY THE WEIGHT OF LAW IN INDIANA. It is not illegal to ignore the sign and You cannot be arrested for it. The owner can ask you to leave or ask law enforcement to ask you to leave. If you comply nothing will happen (except ruining your fun or cutting your mall trip short).

The only exception is places with on site licensed daycare (children's museum) or churches with licensed daycare (law doesn't say only when daycare is running, so even when closed its a no go), schools, courthouses, jails, etc.

Beemer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 27, 2011
    Bloomington
    Huh. Must have taken down the signs at the gates. Of course, I've pretty much stopped looking. My wife and kiddo go every couple of weeks. I'll remind her to look around.

+1 for calling and checking.

I actually like our zoo. Sure, it is small. But, it is still pretty nice. They do a lot of research and conservation work there, and the new Orangutan exhibit looks pretty slick. I really appreciate the fact it is PRIVATE, and not run on the backs of us tax payers. St. Louis is free, only because the local citizenry are paying out the nose for it.

I will also say that I like our Zoo and traveling to St. Louis means going through Illinois. Can we say no carry!

Porter

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2014
    Putnam Co
    There is no risk unless you are a jack wagon about it. If they ask you to leave, you leave. No cop in his right mind is going to arrest you on sight for trespassing without giving you the opportunity to leave when asked.

VERY important point several have missed. PRIVATE PROPERTY "NO GUNS" SIGNS DO NOT CARRY THE WEIGHT OF LAW IN INDIANA. It is not illegal to ignore the sign and You cannot be arrested for it. The owner can ask you to leave or ask law enforcement to ask you to leave. If you comply nothing will happen (except ruining your fun or cutting your mall trip short).

The only exception is places with on site licensed daycare (children's museum) or churches with licensed daycare (law doesn't say only when daycare is running, so even when closed its a no go), schools, courthouses, jails, etc.

So I was readying this post to find out about the zoo and this quote made me think, is a college campus ok to carry on? I work on campus quite often an they do not allow fire arms but is that by law or the school policy? There was a shootin. This year at Indiana State and it would be nice to be able to CC while at work.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Carry on campus is not illegal in Indiana. Carry at the zoo is legal too but just like the colleges POLICY it's not allowed. Carry by conceal!
    the zoo and a college campus are two places I would never be unarmed. It would take forever for the police to come help you. You'd be dead long before

Mr. Habib

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Somewhere else
    It is NOT illegal to carry on university property in Indiana. It is, however, almost certainly against their policy. If caught, you would most likely be fired if you are an employee. Choose accordingly.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    And it was discussed here that zoo security doesnt mind if we CC. But it is private property so if you OC they may ask you to take it to your car if a sheeple gets nervous and complains. Based on their comments I dont think security proactively asks an OCer to leave if they see it. (complaints not withstanding)

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I actually called the zoo the other day and spoke with the head of their security. He stated that the zoo does not have a posted no firearms policy but does have an internal policy that states no firearms. He also stated that they do not have to show anyone it because it is an internal policy. I asked him what would happen if I carried and someone told security. He stated that security would ask me to take it to my car and hope that I do. He did not say that they would "force" me to, just hope that I would. I CC 99% of the time and would there. I think that I may just look into a smaller cc weapon for situations like this.

Looks like I misspoke. CC and youll be fine kids.

Top Bottom