• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • djl02

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 18, 2009
    Indiana
    Were headed to N. Carolina to see our daughter. Anyone know the laws on carrying for PP or being n posession of a firearm? I looked online and found a site that says each state were traveling through honors In. license,but anyone know of any regs,like it must be unloaded or in trunk?
    I know Ky,it use to have a law that it couldnt be loaded.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Do you have your LTCH?

If so, you are good in KY and in NC (concealed, I believe). Not sure of the rest of your route, but WV and VA do NOT honor our license, so you would need to unload it and lock it up (not accessible, locked case, unloaded - and that may even mean mags unloaded) to travel through.

Remember, to, that NC laws are VERY different than IN. Signs are law, for instance.

Info on http://handgunlaw.us/

djl02

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 18, 2009
    Indiana
    We'll be going through W. Virginia, I thought they honored too, but Im not sure how reliable the info I found is.
    Yes I have my LTCH, My youngest daughter called Ky,Tn,and N.C. about taking a firearm with them ,when they went to Gatlinburg,and were told they could legally take it as long as it wasnt for P.P.
    Hand gun is a different story I know. Thanks all. Done need any unwanted trouble.

Kagnew

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Columbus
    Assuming that you plan to take the Kentucky-Tennessee-North Carolina route, you should be good to go all the way. (If you plan to go through Ohio, West Virginia, or Virginia, you need to re-set your GPS. ;) )

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    I don't believe WV honors our license, either. Sounds like most of your trip will have your handgun locked up.

Too bad you don't have time to apply for a AZ or UT permit. Either (along with your LTCH) would have this trip covered.

Top Bottom