• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cundiff5535

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Feb 19, 2012
    Nwi
    Addict friends! Yesterday I got a call from my FFL letting me know my CCP/Pressburg Collaboration "Pro Series" Light Fighter was ready to pick up...

Around a year and a half ago a buddy @Fracs and myself got a chance to hang out at the Chambers farm. An amazing time was had... we built upon our friendships, we drank high end bourbon... and we got a chance to see some projects that were in development. I remember seeing the set of pro series guns and thinking wow, these are all nice, but I just cant have em all... At this time, the Pro Series LF had already been sold out, and the first prototype was just being built.

Brian and I got to shoot the gambit of them... I remember walking away thinking "man, I really wish I would have jumped on that gun". I asked Joe that in the off chance that someone backed out of their gun, to please let me know... Fast forward to last July, I got a call. Shockingly someone backed out... Instant commitment by me:)

When the order was being finalized, I requested that the gun have a second barrel 38 super barrel fit to it... I thought given the CRG style build having a non comped barrel would give me a great option for smaller carry piece.

That said, the pistol arrived yesterday! To say I was excited was an understatement as I have shot Brians LF many times...

Today, I got the range and I have to tell you, the gun is tight. Like maybe the tightest gun Ive ever handled.... Its accurate.... and its extremely fast. I do have to say, the pistol did take a moment to get used to vs my Regulator... but once I adapted, I had her running like a raped ape:). Today I shot around 200 flawless rounds through the gun. I shot a box of factory ammo, 150 rounds of hand loaded 124 HP over 4.2gr of VV N320, and another 100 round of hand loaded 115 gr LRN over 4.5gr of 231. I have to say, the gun was more accurate with the 115LRN rounds.

I swapped out the barrel to the 38 super comp and had a run with that as well... equally as flawless!! 100 rounds of 130RN FMJ over 5.6gn of VV N340... That load was extremely accurate as well!

As you can see from the pictures she sports a Trijicon RMR Type 2 RM09 in FDE (1MOA dot). The LF also has the new Modlite PL350... I think both match up very well in terms of performance and aesthetics! At this point I dont think I could ask for anything more from this gun... at least day 1! Flawless execution on a super fun and fast pistol I plan to trust my life to!

Hope you all enjoyed the write up and pics. As always with all the Chambers guns I have... total pleasure to shoot, flawless execution, and 100% reliability!

51568926717_ab2e656f5f_c.jpg

51570411509_8bc9441a56_c.jpg

51569725206_e7c05acd0a_c.jpg

51570654245_d0d846ff9f_c.jpg

51569725306_26d74a3442_c.jpg

51569725341_2a833253b1_c.jpg

51570411549_a179554b59_c.jpg

51570654460_8a11fe2f28_c.jpg

51568926792_9169ec9f08_c.jpg

51569724066_81764c7837_c.jpg

In 38 Super configuration:

51569724041_3ebbef648e_c.jpg

51569967228_50289ca213_c.jpg

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    Fantastic looking pistol as usual , the mounting system is interesting to me as it seems more "rounded" than other options I wonder how it compares in optics depth to say the Staccato Dawson solution. Also how was the pattern on the top of the slide applied that is definitely a unique look.

cundiff5535

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Feb 19, 2012
    Nwi
    Fantastic looking pistol as usual , the mounting system is interesting to me as it seems more "rounded" than other options I wonder how it compares in optics depth to say the Staccato Dawson solution. Also how was the pattern on the top of the slide applied that is definitely a unique look.

Thanks:). The first and easiest question on pattern…. I am not sure how Joe applies that cut. It was invented by his mentor Bob Marvel and known as the Marvel Pattern Cut. It has changed and varied over the years, but it’s one
    If the most unique cuts I’ve seen on a pistol. I must say, I like it a lot!

As far as the RDS plate goes… this is a Chambers custom proprietary plate. It’s very well designed and I personally like it most of all the plates I’ve seen. For me it’s faster on presentation for dot acquisition. I also like that the rear sight is in front of the dot. The sights are merely there for a just in case something were to happen, damaging the sight…. The rear sight also protects the dot if you are manipulating the firearm off the dot (or rear sight)…. It’s very well thought out and at the exact spot I needs to be. This brings me to the placement. Not only is it ideal for presentation, it’s also set up you you pretty much avoid the front sight… there is no “co-witness” in terms of dot on top of front sight possibility. Most who train with a dot often will tell you you want to avoid this school of throughly… it makes the gun faster and gives one focal point vs two or even three (on the case of a rear sight). I’m not here to debate how anyone like a straight co-witness or 1/3 co-witness…. If you like it and want to shoot that way, good for you!

All in all, the RDSM plate is the best I’ve used. I do think NH IOS interchange system is very cool! That said, pure function, I like the Chambers best.

cundiff5535

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Feb 19, 2012
    Nwi
    Beautiful gun. Seeing as how it is a Pressburg model I have to ask, have you done one of his classes or just liked the way it looked when you saw it?

Ive followed Chuck for a long time. I sadly haven’t gotten a chance to get to one of his no fail pistol classes yet. We were talking about doing one next year in Iowa…

That said, the purchase of the gun really had nothing to do with looks… when Insaw the original “Night Fighter” collaboration, I knew that I would be a buyer of the second and third collaboration…

Top Bottom