• ...and so much more!
  • jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    I only reload .45 ACP and have only used Winchester 231 in my RCBS Uniflow that looks like this:
    img.php

I fill it up, do my run and when I'm done continue to dump the rest out of the hopper and back into the container it came in. There is just a little bit of powder left behind on the sides and inside the chamber.

So what should I do if say next week I want to try powder (ABC). Take the uniflow completely apart to get every last bit of poweder out? Used compressed air to blow it all out?

Buying another hopper is NOT an option right now. :)
    Thanks!

Electronrider

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    White County
    I simply dump the powder out of the hopper back into the can, then I operate the throw level a few times to makes sure I get what I can out of that area as well. After that, I just blow it out (gently), and am usually good to go.

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    117   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    i take mine outside and give it a blast of compressed air.....then i wipe the inside with a dryer sheet to kill any static...

billybob44

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    385   0   0
    Sep 22, 2010
    In the Man Cave
    With my Uni flow..

With MY Uni flow-I try to always have at least 1/2 a reservoir full of powder. I think that leads to the most consistent charge accuracy.

For me, due to the fact that I am going to also move the powder stand, I unbolt(Leave one bolt in, loose), and dump the whole assembly into a funnel, that is on top of the ONE powder container on my bench.

I usually turn the measure/stand upright and cycle the handle a couple of times, and then store the assembly.

Really no need for compressed air or any other steps for me, and YES, I will usually be using a different powder during the next use of my Uni flow.

I also place a "Recipe Card" stating the last load data/date, along with a dryer sheet into it before I re-cap it for storage.

This system has worked for me for years + should work for you too...Bill.

Top Bottom