• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 26, 2010
    I need a 7.62x39 upper for an ar15. I am on a verrrry tight budget with almost all of my play money going to diapers and pureed goop that is supposed to be healthy. (but poop and goop are topics for another forum and another day) So if any of you have an upper and want to part with it at a giveaway rate or know of someone online that sells them cheap (but not explode in my face cheap) please let me know. It needs to be marginally accurate (sks or ak) at 100 yards but I do not need to hit pool chalks at 300 yards or anything. Just cheap to buy and cheap to feed. Rock on and thanks for the help. :ar15::ar15::ar15:

762x39122fmjtulatin-640-1.jpg

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    VZ2008 would fit this bill.

Less expensive than any AR upper and about the price of a low end AK.

Century can be hit or miss. Mine is definitely a hit.

Twentyfootdaredevil

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 4, 2011
    Chandler, In
    I would research the AR upper alittle. I know acouple of guys that went that way and HATED the 7.62X39 upper. They said they never could get it to feedd right and overall the X39 design just doesnt fit the AR platform well.

This is not my first hand knowledge and I have never owned a x39 upper.

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 26, 2010
    I would research the AR upper alittle. I know acouple of guys that went that way and HATED the 7.62X39 upper. They said they never could get it to feedd right and overall the X39 design just doesnt fit the AR platform well.

This is not my first hand knowledge and I have never owned a x39 upper.

From what I understand, it's all in the magazine from a few people who own them. However, I welcome horror stories. No sense in getting an upper that will let me down.

dagibson1507

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Aug 8, 2010
    Muncie, IN
    I fought and fought with mine. Even ran down the expensive and hard to find c products mags. Only 30 caliber cartridge that works in an ar is going to be 300 blackout.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    As you're finding out, might be better to pick up an SKS rather than an AR upper.

Plus... new gun! Woo hoo!

-J-

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Yeah, when you're on a budget, cheap is tempting, but I've found it's often more expensive after you've bought two or three cheap ones trying to save a few shekels. SKS. You can get 30rd mags and pimp it out, but it has that little slot over the mag you slide a stripper in, and reload instantly.

gunowner930

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2010
    Whats cheap? Like others have said, you could pick up a SKS or even an AK for what you would pay for the upper.

spoke78

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 16, 2008
    Hancock County
    I have a Norinco SKS with the 10rnd box I would consider selling. I have a price in mind but not sure it meets your "give away"? Let me know and maybe we can work it out.

Jay

Top Bottom