• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    I don't know the number..here it is
    Holosun quotes “up to 50,000hrs.” That DOES depend on what brightness you have it set at, and if you’re EDCing at a high brightness I’d expect it to be a good bit less than that. But I’d still expect about a year. Might be worth giving them a call/email.
    Don’t forget the 50 thousand hour time is also if use the center dot only! Using the 32 moa circle or the 3moa dot along with the 32 moa circle will shorten the life even more!

Op, on the right picture under the sight, at the top of the slide, I see some red, it looks like rust? I’d check the bottom on the holosun and make sure the battery or something else might have caused corrosion

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    That's why I'm asking about it. I use rechargeable 123's in my weapon lights they work fine. Not sure about coin batteries.
    I have a Fenix light that takes 18650 that’s daily carried that’s great, we use about 20 AA rechargeables a week in church wireless stuff that we’ll get a year out of before they start losing capacity, but they just don’t seem as dependable as AA. I just naturally think a battery that tiny will be less dependable but could be wrong.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I have a Fenix light that takes 18650 that’s daily carried that’s great, we use about 20 AA rechargeables a week in church wireless stuff that we’ll get a year out of before they start losing capacity, but they just don’t seem as dependable as AA. I just naturally think a battery that tiny will be less dependable but could be wrong.
    Best thing to do is buy some charge it and put it in a rds on highest setting record the time it takes until it loses brightness, then on medium setting. Then try a few reputable brand none chargeable .

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    Best thing to do is buy some charge it and put it in a rds on highest setting record the time it takes until it loses brightness, then on medium setting. Then try a few reputable brand none chargeable .
    I don’t think I get 20000 out of my Romeo’s with Duracell, but it’s hard telling. I did leave a couple turned up one time and it made a huge difference in battery life, now pretty good at turning the unused ones off and the carry or at ready ones down unless actually carrying.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I don’t think I get 20000 out of my Romeo’s with Duracell, but it’s hard telling. I did leave a couple turned up one time and it made a huge difference in battery life, now pretty good at turning the unused ones off and the carry or at ready ones down unless actually carrying.
    Need to get a cheap rds that burns power quickly and use it for the experiment.

G192127

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 19, 2018
    Shelbyville
    Don’t forget the 50 thousand hour time is also if use the center dot only! Using the 32 moa circle or the 3moa dot along with the 32 moa circle will shorten the life even more!

Op, on the right picture under the sight, at the top of the slide, I see some red, it looks like rust? I’d check the bottom on the holosun and make sure the battery or something else might have caused corrosion
    Thanks! But it's loctite

Top Bottom