• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    .... BAN all "bad" use of all guns and bullets? Yeah, that's the ticket: ban crime ... make crime against the law. Let's have a nation-wide BAN ON ALL CRIME ! Who could care less ? "Criminals" , that's who. EBG

I've never understood why the government just doesn't make murder illegal. That surely would solve the problem right away!

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Why don't they make criminals and their families pay the costs of prosecution and incarceration? That would ensure that the folks responsible for violence bear the burden.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    There is no real deterrent to living a life of crime except that other like minded thugs will end you at the first opportunity. The legal system is a complete joke.

These politico's exist only to get as much money from your wallet as they can.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    I see the next federal lawsuit shortly. Does Chicago have a bottomless pit of money to defend these suits?

I see no such lawsuit. Local taxes are within the purview of local government, and have the full support of the anti gun politicians and bureaucrats in both Washington and Springfield.

Chicago will just ask for another financial bailout.....and will likely get it.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    I see no such lawsuit. Local taxes are within the purview of local government, and have the full support of the anti gun politicians and bureaucrats in both Washington and Springfield.

Chicago will just ask for another financial bailout.....and will likely get it.

A tax aimed solely at firearms is regulation, i.e. infringement, by proxy. That would be my argument at least.

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    A tax aimed solely at firearms is regulation, i.e. infringement, by proxy. That would be my argument at least.

Look at what Bloomberg and company did in NYC with fountain drinks. Firearms are even higher on that infringement list, just under Libertarians.

If it were directed at a gallon of milk, then people would be up in arms.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    I feel sorry for the gun dealers in Cook County. They are the ones that will suffer the most from this.

I disagree. I think the consumers/residents, esp. those on limited income, are hurt the most.

The businesses can always move 'offshore'. Hey!! I thought Romney was the one doing this! So taxes can drive business out? Who'd a thunk it??

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I disagree. I think the consumers/residents, esp. those on limited income, are hurt the most.

The businesses can always move 'offshore'. Hey!! I thought Romney was the one doing this! So taxes can drive business out? Who'd a thunk it??

Those on limited income in Cook County probably don't even realize they CAN buy a gun. It amazes me how little the people in Chicago know about gun ownership. The people I work with don't even know that Illinois is the only State in the US where citizens cannot carry a gun.

Those that want to will just go to the burbs where the tax won't exist.

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Mishawaka
    Those that want to will just go to the burbs where the tax won't exist.

^ This.

I don't remember the politician that said she didn't believe the higher tax would force business out.. I believe if the gun shops selling guns/ammo within the taxable area see a significant reduction in revenue, they'll move to a lesser taxed area to get the revenue back.

:twocents:

Hitchhiker

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 23, 2012
    It would seem that way, but I tend to disagree. People like Bloomberg are obviously mentally challenged, but I believe most of them are actually quite intelligent. They were smart enough to convince the masses to vote for them, after all. They are also nefarious, lying, self serving douchenozzles. Of course, that is neither here nor there...

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    thatjimboguy
    Top Bottom