• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    I have a question for all you INGO peeples, I have been looking at the Citadel semi-auto shotguns, due to their reasonable (read cheap) price. Has anyone bought one, or used one, are they a good buy, or a bad buy? I'm thinking range toy/home defense, not going to be putting thousands of rounds in a year type of gun. I'll take my answer off the air.....

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    I've got the Citadel Boss 25 mag fed 12 gauge and really like it so far. Fed it 3" shells for the first 100 rounds to break it in and its had no problem digesting 2 3/4 shells too. Everything from birdshot, 00 buck, and slugs.
    Had a hard time finding mags but after some research I found the Panzer mags should work. So I bought a couple and they've been flawless.

20210529_192945.jpg

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    My father got the ATAC which looks like the top one in the picture somewhat. I'm waiting on him to take it shooting and see how it preforms.

You say he should use high brass rds for at least 100rds to break it in?

jerrob

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 1, 2013
    Cumberland Plateau
    I jave the ATAC Warthog 12guage.
    Mine needed a break in of high brass 00 buck as it struggled to cleanly eject the Federal with Flight control wad, my personal choice for HD.
    Once the break in of about 50 rounds of shoulder torture was over, it ran the Federal stuff flawlessly.
    It's a fun, cheap shotty that doesn't disappoint.
    It's an auto, so performance and reliability means keeping it clean. Kinda treat it like a Mosin with corrosive ammo, ya shoot, ya clean it, rinse and repeat.
    Rural King has had them on sale for $250 several times so sign up for their RKGuns email.

MrSmitty

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    I jave the ATAC Warthog 12guage.
    Mine needed a break in of high brass 00 buck as it struggled to cleanly eject the Federal with Flight control wad, my personal choice for HD.
    Once the break in of about 50 rounds of shoulder torture was over, it ran the Federal stuff flawlessly.
    It's a fun, cheap shotty that doesn't disappoint.
    It's an auto, so performance and reliability means keeping it clean. Kinda treat it like a Mosin with corrosive ammo, ya shoot, ya clean it, rinse and repeat.
    Rural King has had them on sale for $250 several times so sign up for their RKGuns email.
    I actually just put it on layaway at RK, priced at $229.

Elcardo

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 14, 2020
    Ft.wayne
    I have the bosshog its fine for what it cost and fun to shoot....watch the locking lug on top of the bolt , saw a guy in a video that had one wear out after a couple hundred so started blowing back the bolt prematurely

MrSmitty

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    I have the bosshog its fine for what it cost and fun to shoot....watch the locking lug on top of the bolt , saw a guy in a video that had one wear out after a couple hundred so started blowing back the bolt prematurely
    I saw that too, hoping the one I got is the updated one like he got back from them....

92FSTech

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 24, 2020
    North Central
    saw a guy in a video that had one wear out after a couple hundred so started blowing back the bolt prematurely

This is my concern. I've been watching these (and the other clones under different brand names) with interest, as the price is certainly appealing, and I'd love to have an M2 clone without having to mortgage my house.

I took a shotgun armorer course earlier this year, and the instructor said that he's seen a lot of these import shotguns with improper heat treatment, resulting in premature wear. I'd really like to see some high round-count reviews on these before I hand over any money.

MrSmitty

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    God must not want me to get this gun...got delayed, then denied.....my UPIN wasn't put in properly......going to try and find something else....

jerrob

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 1, 2013
    Cumberland Plateau
    Just ordered another Citadel Atac Warthog semi-auto from Rural King.
    I enjoy shooting the first one so much (after break-in), that I bought it a playmate.
    Caught it on sale for $180 and just couldn't pass it up.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Just ordered another Citadel Atac Warthog semi-auto from Rural King.
    I enjoy shooting the first one so much (after break-in), that I bought it a playmate.
    Caught it on sale for $180 and just couldn't pass it up.
    I contacted Citadel about the break in they said 1300fps velocity, and at least 50rds. My father is looking for some with that velocity. All he has is 7.5 and 8 shot, some slugs which he said he isn't wasting on break in.

jerrob

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 1, 2013
    Cumberland Plateau
    I just ordered 500 rounds of that Rio 00 buck that was link shared in the "Get your ammo here" thread, if we can figure out a way to cross paths, I'd be more than happy to hook your Pops up with the 50 to break it in.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    I bought a case of this to break my Citadel Boss 25 in. Worked great. If you were closer I'd help your dad out. If you get in the nwi area I'd be happy to help out with a couple boxes

20210823_192213.jpg

Top Bottom