• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • forkliftdave

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Apr 13, 2010
    madison
    Just got a solingen s&k civil war sword. It was carried by a private in the Indiana regulars. He was from Ripley county. I know very little about sword values. Any help for care and storage would be helpful. I can't get pictures to the tread. I can post them in my avatar if it helps. I will probably just resale it. I have looked on the internet and they sell for more than I gave for it.

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    Sounds really cool. You might try posting the pics in a Photobucket account, and then pasting the ing code in the reply box in this thread.

As far as care, keep it oiled up and leave it alone. Most times collectors want that stuff as original as possible, so I would refrain from any type of refinishing.

spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    68   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    Not all that common for a private to carry a sword (unless they were a musician). Soldiers tended to start out the war with all kinds of stuff (pistols, knives, swords, etc.) and ended up getting rid of most of it to save having to lug it around. The more specific you can be about who owned it and where they served, the more it will be worth.

Top Bottom