Cleanest available water source in the Indianapolis area?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gassprint1

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 15, 2015
    NWI
    Hello folks: What/where is the cleanest consumer water source in the Indy area?

Bottled? Springs or wells? Home filters?
    RO water systems. Supposed to be the same systems used in stores to fill gallon to 5 gallon containers. I don't believe the stuff manufacturers put out about those pitcher of systems you attach to a sink faucet. Not enough filter to properly do the job.

WanderingSol07

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 7, 2017
    North Central
    Not in the Indy area, but around Attica there is a spring that is 99.9999% pure according to the owner. He ships tanker truckloads of it up to Kentland to a bottling plant.

JTKelly

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    You should be getting CLEAN FREE water from Illinois since the feds are paying for their infrastructure.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    You should be getting CLEAN FREE water from Illinois since the feds are paying for their infrastructure.

Tell me where to come pick up all the lead pipe.;)

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    My unfiltered well water from a few counties outside Indy tests better than my city water from one of the donut counties...
    Same with ours. I filter our municipal tap water through a "decent " filter for coffee and the dog's water. But I still don't like how it smells or tastes by itself. I drink purified water from a bottle for hydration.

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    Same with ours. I filter our municipal tap water through a "decent " filter for coffee and the dog's water. But I still don't like how it smells or tastes by itself. I drink purified water from a bottle for hydration.
    I should have said they are both softened water, but I think that's a given for anywhere in central Indiana.

We added an RO system at our rural place. The water it puts out is amazing - crystal clear ice cubes from the fridge even.

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    I should have said they are both softened water, but I think that's a given for anywhere in central Indiana.

We added an RO system at our rural place. The water it puts out is amazing - crystal clear ice cubes from the fridge even.
    Our city water is softened, but even after its filtered I still think it tastes like crap. Our rural water is a well @ 165' in Owen county rock. It is unsoftened and tastes great. We got really lucky with this well; not any iron or sulfur. Our future plan is to run it through a 3 stage filtration system.

MRockwell

Just Me
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Noblesfield
    A little north of Indy, Flowing Well Park in Carmel. Water is tested monthly, and the results are on their website.

Top Bottom