• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 16, 2011
    Indy East Side
    A buddy and I today took my AR to Pops to try out the new CMMG .22LR conversion. Fired about 300 rounds with only a couple jams. Good time overall. I think I'll enjoy blowing through some cheap ammo with this thing.
    :ar15:

Vid link below...

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQ7lQIbMz4E[/ame]

40ft (indoor range limit), 40 rounds with 1/2 second target cycles

GARANDGUY

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2010
    SOUTHERN INDIANA
    No problem man. Its because of the pressure in the 22lr ( is lower and doesnt push the carbon build up through the gas tube completly) vs the pressure in the 223/5.56. I fire a few hundred rounds of 22 lr and then a mag of 223/5/56 in mine but im extremely picky about my guns!

Saiga223

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Indianapolis
    You have to be. Takes me forever to clean my 1911. Do you know of any Indy ranges that will allow .223?

From the east side your only public option is Wilbur Wright in New Castle. I live in Oaklandon and it usually takes me about 45 minutes. Bright side is that it is free to shoot there.

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    I used my .22 conversion in my AR at Friday Night Steel last week and had what I consider to be great success. I love that thing. Try a couple different manufacturers of 22 and I'll bet you'll find one that has ZERO malfunctions. Also you can speed up the break in on the CMMG without having to go to the range with oil and simply racking the mechanism back and forth to polish the metal finish. (remove from gun and without ammo of course.)

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 16, 2011
    Indy East Side
    Federal worked really well on the first shoot. 300 rds and only 2 stove pipes. I'm looking forward to more shoots. What's the best place in town to get bulk .22 ammo. The stuff I'm shooting I've had for prob 10 years. Seems the price has gone up. I was paying $18 for 550. Saw 500 for $32 at kmart yesterday. Seemed high to me.

rmoore911

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 24, 2011
    SE Indy
    just keep an eye out on the sunday ads, about once a month gander mountain seems to run the federal bulk packs for $15. . .i know that they had it listed for that this weekend, but i don't know if it was a memorial day sale only or for the entire week

just checked, it's 14.99 after $5 MIR for the 525 packs of federal bulk, and it's good till june 4th

Top Bottom