• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hewitt

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 27, 2016
    Solsberry
    I'm looking at mounts and rings to put a vortex crossfire 2 on my AR flat top. This is the 1-4 with the electronic dot in the cross hair. Since its kind of a red dot on the 1x setting, I'm going to try running it like one. Looking at mounts and rings, I see absolute Co witness and lower third are pretty popular. I plan to just take the carry handle off and put the scope on. Is that front post going to be a hindrance if I go with the absolute co witness height? I could also go way high on the mount with the lower third, but it seems like it would look odd having a front post in the bottom of the scope that isn't lined up on the target. Anybody with experience care to offer some words of wisdom?

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    It's a magnified optic, trying to co witness it like a red dot isn't going to work. Things get blurred and distorted and it's just not going to work.

If you put a folding rear on it and keep the fixed front sight post, there is going to be a shadow from 1-3ish power from the post, if it's a hindrance, it's really up to you. I don't mind too much but it is a tad distracting.

If you want to keep the irons and the scope, hate saying it, keep the carry handle and put the scope on it. It's not the best way since your cheek weld will be non existent with the carry handle, but......compromises

Will317

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 18, 2016
    Beech Grove
    +1 on what he said. ^^^^^

i always put out folding sights with an optic. Can't stand the fixed front post with an optic. But that is just my preference.

Top Bottom