• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    You mean the 41 Long Colt ammo that has been obsolete for like 100 years?

I don't know. It seems like every hardware store, mercantile, and dry goods store should have some in stock...

Maybe in some small town in Montana or Wyoming?

Broom_jm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2009
    If you're shooting 41 Long Colt and not reloading your own, I hope you've got deep pockets. In addition to availability, it's going to be pricey! :D

With judicious loading you should be able to get 5 firings from a case before it's done, maybe more. If you don't reload and would like to learn, send me a PM.

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    Since I posted my somewhat flippant answer to the OP, I have been trying to find 41 LC ammo out of curiousity. Midway is the only place I have found it. That stuff is in short supply and expensive.

If it was me, I would be reloading it. Supply and demand won't probably get it on the shelves of any retail store.

XtremeVel

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Since I posted my somewhat flippant answer to the OP, I have been trying to find 41 LC ammo out of curiousity. Midway is the only place I have found it. That stuff is in short supply and expensive.

If it was me, I would be reloading it. Supply and demand won't probably get it on the shelves of any retail store.

You're not joking ! Midway also has brass and it's expensive also ! $57.99/100 for Starline.

Broom_jm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2009
    You're not joking ! Midway also has brass and it's expensive also ! $57.99/100 for Starline.

On the plus side, that Starline brass is good stuff and if you're careful, you could easily get 20 loadings per case. That is one benefit of the 41LC being such a mild cartridge. :)

XtremeVel

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    On the plus side, that Starline brass is good stuff and if you're careful, you could easily get 20 loadings per case. That is one benefit of the 41LC being such a mild cartridge. :)

True, but it still seems high. Starline is all I use for .45 Colt, .44,.41 and .357 mags. I have never paid more than $19.00/100 new.

I guess if it's just about obsolete and only a few make it, they can ask what they want and a person has no choice... Even at that price, still so much better than buying off the shelf.

Broom_jm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2009
    Good info is there someone that sales reloads?

There is one advertiser on this site (Pro Fire Arms) who does custom reloading. I'm not sure if he's set up for that round, but he could get the dies easily enough. I'm just surprised that you own and shoot such an obscure cartridge, but don't load your own. That's like owning an old MG car, but not being a mechanic. :D

Since you're on the south side of Indy, if you'd like to learn how to reload, I would gladly show you. It's really not that hard.

Top Bottom