• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fyver

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2013
    Hello all, for the past 6 weeks I've been looking everywhere for a reasonably priced Colt AR I can afford to buy. Had the opportunity to get some but all at $2k+ prices, including at all LGS's. Anyone have any ideas? Any online sites you know of that ever get any in? Thanks!

Really appreciate this group's experience and help. :patriot:

Electronrider

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    White County
    Internet is sayin' 6-9 months on current backlogs. If you are dead set on a Colt, then you are going to have to play the game. Save money and decide when the price point is right for you.

Building your own is not much better, but prices are starting to slowly creep down on parts.

fire259

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 6, 2010
    Brown County
    Where are you located? Whittaker Guns in Owensboro KY has been getting in a couple 6920's every week for $1149. They post when they come in on their Facebook page and do a ticket system the next morning for those waiting in line.

fyver

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2013
    Where are you located? Whittaker Guns in Owensboro KY has been getting in a couple 6920's every week for $1149. They post when they come in on their Facebook page and do a ticket system the next morning for those waiting in line.

That's encouraging... I've figured out when the UPS truck comes in at my local WalMart and have called them everyday for about a month. Just have to keep ticking I guess. Thanks for the ideas.

To answer your question, I'm northern IN in Kosciusko Cty.

Noway Jose

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 16, 2013
    Indianapolis
    If you were looking 8 or 10 weeks ago....

....you wouldnt have had to look very hard.

It's a waiting game now. Unless you want to pay ridiculous prices, you (well anyone who wants a black semi auto rifle) will have to wait until the supply comes back. Bradis had 2 SR556Es come through this week. Patience a virtue and will save you over $500.

saberstar

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Apr 19, 2012
    Bloomington, IN
    I was just in the local pawn shop today and they had a colt ar 15 sp1 for around $1300. If you want you can msg me and I will let you know what pawn shop.

DSmith78

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2012
    Indiana
    It would be a drive for you but just seen on whittakers facebook page they are releasing a Colt LE6920 for $1179 tomorrow. its out there guess it depends on if you wanna drive or not.

LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    Might want to message the OP of the post above. Colt Sporter Lightweight in 223's value He was trying to let a friend know what his sportster was worth - I inferred his friend was trying to sell it, might read the post!

Top Bottom