• ...and so much more!
  • chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    I think this may prove to be Ballard's best draft of his tenure. That said, I think draft "grades" are meaningless, bordering on silly, when evaluating draft picks immediately following the draft. Draft grades don't even start to become meaningful until the draft class has played for at least a year.

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    I think this may prove to be Ballard's best draft of his tenure. That said, I think draft "grades" are meaningless, bordering on silly, when evaluating draft picks immediately following the draft. Draft grades don't even start to become meaningful until the draft class has played for at least a year.

My brother-in-law was livid that they took Latu instead of Turner :laugh:

It’s like, come on man, he hasn’t event taken one snap in the NFL. Let’s give it some time before we call him a bust and Turner the next Reggie White.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    My brother-in-law was livid that they took Latu instead of Turner :laugh:

It’s like, come on man, he hasn’t event taken one snap in the NFL. Let’s give it some time before we call him a bust and Turner the next Reggie White.
    I love the Latu pick. Ballard took two huge swings for the fences with his first two picks. Latu is NFL-ready day one. Mitchell needs some coaching (Reggie Wayne is up to the task) and tutelage but has insane upside - like top-15 (or higher) WR in the league potential.

BankShot

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2020
    Clark County
    Overall, I've been really happy with the way Ballard has drafted and agree that this could be one of the better classes. I saw a bunch of fans complaining about the trade down in the second because he didn't take Mitchell at 46. They looked pretty silly when he ended up getting Mitchell and two 5th round picks with the trade.

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    I’m really excited about AD Mitchell. He has true #1 X receiver potential.

Nothing against Pittman. He’s an amazing wideout and I am very glad he’s on our team. But his ceiling is not up there with the Justin Jefferson’s and Ja’Marr Chase’s of the world. CeeDee Lamb is a comp that I’ve heard for Mitchell from a couple Colts reporters/film guys.

I really hope Reggie Wayne and Shane Steichen can train him up well.

Top Bottom