• ...and so much more!
  • snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    364   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    It has, for no good reason, been years since I took a 1911 to the range. I started shooting in earnest in the early 90's and early on eschewed poly guns for the traditional single stack .45. Shot a lot of bowling pins and steel plates with a full size Colt Combat elite. Carried a Kimber CDP II. When I stopped shooting competitions I accepted comfort over utility and soon switched to a Glock 26 as a convenient carry. Now it’s a Shield. Started shooting a lot more 9mm and .38/.357 at the range and the 1911's sat in the safe.

Sunday I wanted to put a few rounds through a new to me M&P45 and, almost as an afterthought, grabbed my Kimber CDP II. When I picked it up at the range I immediately remembered how well the frame fit my hand. The trigger so crisp with a medium weight that the first round was a surprise. Oh yeah, no take up or creep in this one. And the target at ten yards was a mushy hole about an inch and a half in diameter. Why oh why had I forsaken JMB’s perfection?

So I think it is time to dust off the Colt as well and maybe add a couple more. Maybe a Springer Range Officer or a Ruger Stainless Commander. Possibly even a (gasp!) 9mm?

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    I fall in love all over again with my Colt every time I pull the smooth trigger.

It's hard to beat a 1911 IMHO.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    There's a reason these things have been around for over 100 years. When a design is done right the first time, it lasts the test of time. 100 years from now, our grandkids will be shooting 1911s, Mosins, AKs and ARs. Sure, there will be some wiz-bang new stuff that would make our heads spin, but the world will still be full of the classics.

Top Bottom