• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • seawolfxix

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2009
    Kansas City
    My company is relocating me, but they will not cover transportation of firearms, ammunition, etc. My wife and I will be staying in a temporary apartment for up to 60 days as we search for a new house.

What are my options for safely transporting and storing my firearms collection in the meantime? I'm used to keeping them secured in a hefty safe, so the idea of keeping them in an apartment is making me nervous (even if it's only for a short period).

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    Perhaps moving your safe to an indoor storage facility for the time being? If you put it in storage during off hours, chances are that nobody would ever know they were there, and in the safe, its even more secured. The places that I have seen have very good security. Not my first choice, but if you have a lack of other options...

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Id avoid a storage facility. Even in the safe I wouldnt trust it.

Too many break ins at these places. Seems about twice a year you hear about guys cutting through a fence and then cutting the locks off storage lockers and carting off stuff. Usually cleaning out MANY lockers. Even in a safe I wouldnt trust it.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne

Too many break ins at these places. Seems about twice a year you hear about guys cutting through a fence and then cutting the locks off storage lockers and carting off stuff. Usually cleaning out MANY lockers. Even in a safe I wouldnt trust it.

THIS. I'd rather hide my guns in a drainage culvert.

Oh, and I LOVE your new avatar.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011

And may I add -
    You'd never get any sleep worrying about it there. :nailbite:

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN

I wasnt thinking of a conventional storage facility. In Anderson there is a storage place that is controlled access, and climate, with an attendant on duty 24/7. Alarm systems, video cameras, and all indoors. Im sure that there are more than just this one. I would find one local to the destination area. Moving blankets on a safe, and a cord under the dolly strap, and it looks an awful lot like a freezer or fridge. Honestly, this type of storage is probably safer than the average home owners house.

ultra...good

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    How would they know what is in your safe if it is locked? Just tell them it is "family heirlooms" :D[/QUOTE

Moving a safe full of firearms is a bad idea. When they tip it to go through doorways and such, there goes the finish on the heirlooms.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    How would they know what is in your safe if it is locked? Just tell them it is "family heirlooms" :D[/QUOTE

Moving a safe full of firearms is a bad idea. When they tip it to go through doorways and such, there goes the finish on the heirlooms.

LOOOOTS of bubble wrap. Or just fill the safe with packing peanuts? :):

Top Bottom