Contitutional Carry for Out-Of-State residents?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • spalfano

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 26, 2023
    New Palestine
    Would the prime factor be a Job in new jersey vs a job in Indiana ?
    Actually, the 2 big ones are the beach and the “exit tax”. NJ charges a hefty sum if you sell a house and move out of state. Jackholes get you coming, get you repeatedly while you live there, and get you one more time on your way out. Just gotta be ready for it and embrace the suck for greener pastures.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Actually, the 2 big ones are the beach and the “exit tax”. NJ charges a hefty sum if you sell a house and move out of state. Jackholes get you coming, get you repeatedly while you live there, and get you one more time on your way out. Just gotta be ready for it and embrace the suck for greener pastures.
    Not really.

"The New Jersey exit tax is, in fact, a misnomer—as many people assume it’s an additional tax or special tax imposed when you sell your property. The truth, however, is that the exit tax is merely a prepayment of the estimated tax you owe on the sale of your property. This estimated tax is paid in advance (either before or at closing) and held in escrow. The tax is then settled when you file your state income tax return.

...New Jersey residents who have occupied their primary residence for at least two of the last five years can exclude up to $250,000 of the gain (for single tax filers) and up to $500,000 of the gain (for those filing jointly). "

Old Road Dog

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 27, 2022
    Gowdy
    Thanks for all the replies..
    1. He is a big gun enthusiast
    2. He's a hardcore Republican
    3. He hates NJ (see above) he's just waiting for his wife to get her 25 year max on her Pension
    4. He's (semi) retired with a USMC & State pension so, work is no factor here.
    5. He watched us go from $8,000 a year NJ taxes to $2,600 a year taxes for a house twice as big.
    6. He helped us move & I took him to every gun shop I could before he went back, he was shaking his head at how different & relaxed the processes were out here.
    I'm just laying it on as thick as I can, basically he's already sold on our Freedom...

spalfano

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 26, 2023
    New Palestine
    Not really.

"The New Jersey exit tax is, in fact, a misnomer—as many people assume it’s an additional tax or special tax imposed when you sell your property. The truth, however, is that the exit tax is merely a prepayment of the estimated tax you owe on the sale of your property. This estimated tax is paid in advance (either before or at closing) and held in escrow. The tax is then settled when you file your state income tax return.

...New Jersey residents who have occupied their primary residence for at least two of the last five years can exclude up to $250,000 of the gain (for single tax filers) and up to $500,000 of the gain (for those filing jointly). "
    Thanks for all the replies..
    1. He is a big gun enthusiast
    2. He's a hardcore Republican
    3. He hates NJ (see above) he's just waiting for his wife to get her 25 year max on her Pension
    4. He's (semi) retired with a USMC & State pension so, work is no factor here.
    5. He watched us go from $8,000 a year NJ taxes to $2,600 a year taxes for a house twice as big.
    6. He helped us move & I took him to every gun shop I could before he went back, he was shaking his head at how different & relaxed the processes were out here.
    I'm just laying it on as thick as I can, basically he's already sold on our Freedom...
    I say let him in!

Top Bottom