• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Anybody know where to buy Sara Lee corn bread? My wife works at the school cafeteria and every now and then, she brings me home a couple pieces of corn bread. She says it's Sara Lee brand and the school gets it from Gordon Food Service. Only problem is they only have it in 120 piece cases. I guess it's already pre baked and you take it out of the box and heat it for 5 minutes or so in the oven. It's $42 a case.

This stuff has the texture not much denser than regular cake and is some of the best corn bread I've ever ate. Does anyone know where to get smaller quantiites of this stuff? If you haven't tried it, you need to.

elpenguin0717

Marksman
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Jan 31, 2011
    indy
    Sara lee also has it's own retail store might want to look their aswell I'm not sure if there's one around but when I lived in Chicago they had them......

jetmechG550

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    Hey if you are into cooking at all, this is one of the best cornbread recipes we have found. I make it all the time for my BBQ's. Just in case you can't find your SL:
    Corn bread
    Cornbread Muffins
    Makes 12 muffins

Ingredients

¾ cup yellow cornmeal
    1¼ cup all-purpose flour, spooned and leveled off
    1 tablespoon baking powder
    ½ cup sugar
    1 teaspoon salt
    2 large eggs
    2 tablespoons honey
    ¾ cup whole milk
    ½ cup (1 stick) butter, melted and cooled

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line muffin pan with paper liners or spray with non-stick cooking spray. (I prefer to use non-stick cooking spray so the muffins get nice and crisp on the edges.)

2. In a large bowl, whisk together cornmeal, flour, baking powder, sugar and salt. In a separate bowl, break up eggs with a whisk. Whisk in honey and then milk. Add milk mixture and melted butter to the dry ingredients. Stir until just blended. Do not overmix; it's okay if there are a few lumps. Spoon batter evenly into muffin pan, filling each cup almost full. Bake for 17-20 minutes, until tops are puffed, set and golden. Cool muffins for a few minutes in pan, then serve warm.

Cornbread muffins taste best when served right out of the oven. To reheat leftovers, for best results wrap in aluminum foil and place in a preheated 350-degree oven until piping hot. Alternatively, heat muffins in microwave at 50 percent power for 30 to 45 seconds, or until just hot; do not overheat or muffins will get tough.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    images
    imgres
    2Q==

elpenguin0717

Marksman
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Jan 31, 2011
    indy
    There's a Sara lee store in Evansville if that helps they should have a small quanity for sale .....
    I get the pound cake there for a dollar less than walmart

Top Bottom