• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ECS686

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Brazil
    I second this approach; draw + shoot, mag reload, jams, multiple targets, movement drills...there are tons of drills out there that can make you better while saving ammo. I usually use 100 - 150 rounds per training session but I could definitely use less if I had to and still get quality work done.

Each their own but most national training programs have gotten away from a bunch of magazine changes. They do it a couple times or maybe in a course of fire but the mail. Reason it just doesn’t happen in CCW incidents (and most LE either) sure you can find a few or cherry pick but usually when that happens it’s because the LEO mag dumped without hitting anything (or not putting rounds where they stop someone) and the whole point of defensive shooting is to stop the dude.

Not saying don’t practice a mag change just don’t get fixated on them as you do so many just administratively in the unlikely event you have to make a change (only been documented like once) you will be fine

And with ammo prices almost double pre pandemic that makes sense.

And to park phrase what Tom Givens preaches everytime you go to the range every bullet fired should have a purpose

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    I do have dies for .38\.357 & .45. Went to 3 places. What's up with primers? Everybody was out.
    When you find them you're going to crap when you see the price. Last box I have marked 20 bucks per k. I have tons available local but priced at 156 per k.

ECS686

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Brazil
    When you find them you're going to crap when you see the price. Last box I have marked 20 bucks per k. I have tons available local but priced at 156 per k.
    We have them (small pistol and some rifle stuff anyway) doe 85-95 a thousand depending on make. Federal is a little higher.

Haven’t seen large in a while other than by 100 round packs here and there Acadeny in Terre Haute and the Brewing Supply place (yea they sell guns and reloading stuff too) behind the mall.

God luck

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    Good to hear since I just bought one.
    I picked one up too. Mine wasn't able to shoot straight at all. Bullets tumbled out of the poorly made barrel. I got rid of it. Things may be different now with the new ones hopefully. Check the rifling for chatter marks. Mine was horrible. Was ordered as an x Mas present so won't make that mistake again.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    I do have dies for .38\.357 & .45. Went to 3 places. What's up with primers? Everybody was out.
    I was in Brian's Surplus 2 hours ago and I thought he had most sizes in stock.
    He's in Greentown and he also has a crew that does the gun show circuit.
    Primers have been tough for what 2 yrs now. Wait till you see powder prices.

nipprdog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Tippecanoe county
    I picked one up too. Mine wasn't able to shoot straight at all. Bullets tumbled out of the poorly made barrel. I got rid of it. Things may be different now with the new ones hopefully. Check the rifling for chatter marks. Mine was horrible. Was ordered as an x Mas present so won't make that mistake again.

Put the first 300 rds through it today. No problems. Fun shooter.

Why didn't you just send it in for warranty repair?

Top Bottom