• ...and so much more!
  • jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    So today i open the costco connection magazine (I've been reading it for several years now) it's coscto monthly magazine on new products they have, tips on money, etc. Every month they have a debate question and poll the readers on a topic and the results are shown the next month. Last month the topic was

Are stand your ground laws a good idea.

On page 23 of the nov 2012 edition of the mag the results say
    95% yes
    5% no
    But there is a small blurp on the mag on page 11 that says.

Complete voting results on page 23. Because this debate has been subject to an online effort by special interest groups to skew the outcome by repeating voting, the njmbers of ovtes and percentage may not be accurate.

Really!!! Really!!! I've read this mag for at least 5 years every month and the topic of the month is always a hot one and this is the sole time Ihave seen such a statement on skewed results and how they tried to hide the results (not put on page 11).
    :bs:

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Maybe an editor or somebody else on the staff received one those chain emails or Facebook posts announcing the poll to world and asking them to go vote on it.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    So today i open the costco connection magazine (I've been reading it for several years now) it's coscto monthly magazine on new products they have, tips on money, etc. Every month they have a debate question and poll the readers on a topic and the results are shown the next month. Last month the topic was

Are stand your ground laws a good idea.

On page 23 of the nov 2012 edition of the mag the results say
    95% yes
    5% no
    But there is a small blurp on the mag on page 11 that says.

Complete voting results on page 23. Because this debate has been subject to an online effort by special interest groups to skew the outcome by repeating voting, the njmbers of ovtes and percentage may not be accurate.

Really!!! Really!!! I've read this mag for at least 5 years every month and the topic of the month is always a hot one and this is the sole time Ihave seen such a statement on skewed results and how they tried to hide the results (not put on page 11).
    :bs:

Have any of their other polls been so one sided? Cause if this one is the complete blow away that it is, that might be why they think its skewed. If most are closer to 60-40, for 50-50, then suddenly you have one completely one sided, might be why. Although, its costco, so whats so important about their poll and why to skew it? self important much????

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    I'm shocked! Shocked I tell you, to find out that online special interest groups attempt to skew polls in their favor!

Your poll results sir.

Oh, thank you.

Top Bottom