• Wabatuckian

Smith-Sights.com
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    Wabash
    Yup!

I've been working at building up their habitat along with rabbit habitat on the family land. The coyotes really did a number on both, but hurt the rabbits more.

I've got my squirrel sniper ready - it'll land five shots into one hole at 50 yards using those 550 round Remington Golden Bullet value pack things, and shoot dang near a .22 caliber hole at the same distance with Remington SS ammo.

It's a gun that ran me $70 a couple years ago and now that they're using them to win matches, the value has at least doubled. But I'm keeping mine :D

Josh <><

JcJ

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Hey Josh, if you ever want some help with the Coyote population I will gladly help.. :): you know, for the sake of the squirrels..;)

Wabatuckian

Smith-Sights.com
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    Wabash
    I think I've got them pretty well driven back right now... at least, they don't come out in the daytime any longer which bites due to not being able to use night vision.

I'll let ya' know if they return.

Josh <><

6birds

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2008
    Fishers
    I have a new Single Six in 17HMR to match the bolt rifle I've had for a few years, in case I am surrounded. My son is going again this year (6 Yr old) with an non-functioning Red Rider to assist in carrying the game, drinking the hot chocolate, learning safe practices. Can't wait!

22rssix

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   2
    Mar 27, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I am wanting to get out as well. I have never hunted in Indiana. Last year I made a trip to michigan to hunt with my brother and dad. I am not sure I will be able to do it again this year with work and the costs of a non redident permit.

Where is a good place to hunt near indianapolis. I know of turkey run and the shades state parks, can you hunt them?

If anyone wants a tag along let me know..lol

6birds

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2008
    Fishers
    State parks, no. Private property here on the NE corner (Fishers/Fortville 160 acres), and the State Forests are full of tree rats (Morgan-Monroe, Yellowwood, Hoosier Natl Forest, etc) down around Bloomington.

It is as much a day in the woods as a hunting trip for me. Heavy travel for me and the Mrs right now, but if I go, I'll try and give you a heads up. Good luck!

17 HMR in SSix and M77
    22 LR in SSix, M77, 10-22
    22 Mag in SSix, M77, 10-22

Wabatuckian

Smith-Sights.com
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    Wabash
    Rommy M69. Before they knew what they were, these things were sold as surplus. Now they're winning matches and worth two or three times what they originally sold for.

I just wish someone made a synthetic stock. Mine keeps getting thrown off when the humidity gets high, even with a floated barrel. I floated the action last night and hopefully that will help.

Josh <><

6birds

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2008
    Fishers
    Limited in 45 minutes, one slow stalk, man that felt good. First 3 with the 17 HMR rifle, finished out using a Single Six. What a perfect day.

Wabatuckian

Smith-Sights.com
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    Wabash
    Ok, how did you do that?

Here I can see the leaves rustle but can't see the squirrel, and I won't take a blind shot.

Do you have some sort of trick besides looking like the forest and sounding like a squirrel?

Josh <><

6birds

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2008
    Fishers
    There was two of us, my son and I. Walked really slow along the fence rows, he on one side, me on the other, right at first light. They come out on the branch to scold, and they died.
    I always do pretty good early, maybe they need a few weeks to get educated, I think the full trees gives them a fase sense of security. I never had to take a shot past 45 yards.

Going to go Wed AM again if anyone wants to take a hike.

Top Bottom