• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Little known fact - not all gun shops buy their guns from the same place. Some buy from distributors. Some can get a few brands direct from the manufacturer. Markup is 10-15%. Depending on what the shop paid for the gun, then marking up the price 15% would account for the price differences. That's why you don't see a lot of price matching among gun shops. Many will try to come as close as they can, but they have to make a profit to stay in business. Just FYI.

Thanks for pointing out that LGS get their goods from different sources. I was aware of that and that is why when I am looking for a particular model i always shop around. I had never ordered online before but have done so twice in the last year. It was because no LGS around central Indiana had the model's I was looking for and couldn't order it. One was the Walther CCP for example and the online price was just $10 less than what most LGS would charge.

PRasko

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 3, 2013
    Amish country
    Midwest is also a regional wholesale distributor.

They've been known to go into shows, get tables, and beat everyones prices by 5 or 10% all day long.

It's why a lot of hatred is pointed at them.

As for the actual stores prices? When they have sales, they can't be beat, but their everyday prices can be beat if you shop around. Recently picked up a shield 9mm for 40$ under what MGE was asking. *They don't price match at the stores btw* It was from another local gunshop.

chinook

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 21, 2011
    +1 for Midwest, picked up some items at gun shows over the years. Too far to drive up north to their shop, though.

cmr13

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 16, 2013
    Elkhart County
    The 9mm ammo is a great deal by the case $235 OTD

Midwest Gun Exchange Weekly Email Specials

$235.19 to be precise. I picked up the last case of it at the range location in Elkhart on Saturday. A guy about 2 minutes before me got the 2nd to last case. They did have one other case but it was opened and they had already sold some individual boxes out of it.

Haters gonna hate.

[video=youtube;nfWlot6h_JM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfWlot6h_JM[/video]

Bigdaddybell

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2013
    Crown Point
    Midwest usually has pretty good sale price on guns and ammo. Ive purchased both there and have been very satisfied. My gun buying experience has always been enjoyable there and they have always been receptive to wheeling and dealing.

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    Thought I'd mention that have another big sale going on. I picked up a Galco combat master holster for my Glock 20. $58 or so. Great deal when the list price is over $80.

Top Bottom