• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jordan

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 4, 2013
    Camby/Moorseville
    I have a 40 or so year old coach gun that needs a new butt pad. The one on it is nasty. Its squished nearly flat, crusty, crumbly, and seriously detracts from the otherwise nice looks of the gun. I saw a Pachmayr pad I would like to replace it with but have no idea how to go about doing it. I don't like the slip on type. I want the standard look. Any help?

Also, is there any way to tell on my two barrels which is choked, unchoked, etc? Is there a standard or is this something different per make/model?

Lastly (I have not fired this gun in at least 19 years so yes this one sounds stupid) my gun has two triggers stacked front to back. Which trigger goes with which barrel? Again, is there a standard or is it up to the manufacturer?

FYI, this is a hand-me-down gun from my Dad. It's a Richland 200, 20ga SxS. It was his rabbit gun back in the 70s and the last time I shot it I was about 12 and out with him and my Grandpa. I have had this gun in a case for several years but have not taken it out and shot it. I am just now getting around to it and find myself totally ignorant about its finer features.

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    The "old rule of thumb", was if a dime doesn't fit, then it is a full choke. After that, I don't know. ANY competent 'smith, should be able to install another butt plate ..... :twocents:

Top Bottom