• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bullfrog80

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 22, 2011
    Terre Haute
    Anyone close to southern Vigo county that could skin/flesh/dry coyote for me for a reasonable amount? Would like to have it tanned but can ship it off for that if necessary Thanks in advance.

amboy49

Master
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    central indiana
    Have been told no one wants to skin a coyote due to the stink ! Taxidermists hate them. It would be cheaper to buy a pelt than to skin your own and pay to have it tanned. That said, take it to the taxidermist you plan to use and make them do it. Word to the wise, a LOT of coyote taxidermy work really sucks. I’ve seen horrible stuff come from taxidermists who, otherwise, do a great job on deer and other ungulates.

AtTheMurph

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    Some stink to high heaven, others do not.

Skinning a coyote is not hard. Tanning isn't hard either but it does take some effort (mostly the scrapping, but yotes are small)

https://www.wikihow.com/Tan-a-Hide

If you use method two it is simple. Just a few steps and some cheap ingredients.

Kart29

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 10, 2011
    Best bet might be to take it to Hoosier Trapper Supply / Leatherwood Creek Taxidermy in Greenwood. I'm sure they've skinned a few thousand of them and they can get it tanned for you, too.

Top Bottom