• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    VERT (and Caleb), I'm located in Wayne County, IN, so gas alone to Columbus is prohibitive to me at this time. I just invested the money to travel to Lafayette for Shooting Sport Instructor training in Archery for 4-H, so money is a bit tight, and hubby is not really open to other long weekends at the moment. :rolleyes: I'll be going for instructor training again in September, for pistol this time, so I need to save for that.

4-H is taking much of my extra funds at the moment, but that's okay, I'll get my training eventually. I'll take opportunities where I can find them, and so far, the 4-H instructor trainings have been extremely fun and informative. Not enough by any means, but if that's all I get for a while, that's okay.

That being said, I just found out about a class in Indy in May that I hope to attend, and I will definitely keep my eyes and ears open to other opportunities that are nearby and not over my budget.

When I did the the 4H shooting sports instructors course (many years ago) it was the same as the NRA Basic Rifle Instructors Course. Fun stuff. Unfortunately I moved shortly after and never taught any basic rifle classes. So, I nolonger carry this certification. I was not aware that 4H programs shot pistols. That is wonderful if they do. It is very likely be receiving certification in NRA Basic Pistol.

The CPD classes and the NRA Basic Pistol class are very similar. Actually I think the CPD class is better because the students get to do more shooting. The NRA class does not move as quickly but does a better job with things like loading and unloading. It sounds like you have the basics covered. This means that more suitable personal defense oriented classes are now the next step. Unfortunately this means no $25 classes.

rustygunner

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    Columbus
    The class was much better than I had expected. They did expect people to have at least some basic understanding of firearm handling. You do need to have your LTCH, and bring your own handgun and ammunition.

Top Bottom