• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    I've had the horse hide for a few years, can't speak to the cowhide. My holster is still stiff, but it has formed to my body to the point where it's almost like a part of me.

bobbystoney

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Feb 3, 2010
    I see that you're a member of XD Talk so just wait for the new blem list and buy horse. You can get it just as cheap there so there's really no reason not to get it. A lot of times you can even get your holster with combat cut for no more money. There are great deals to be had, you just have to be fast.

45pro

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 21, 2009
    Plymouth
    i went with cow hide. You only need the horse hide if you sweat A LOT. They only reccomend it for people who live in hot and humid enviroments(SC,FL). As for us up here in Indiana, buy cow hide and use that extra 10 bucks to go buy a box of ammo!

EvilElmo

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 11, 2009
    Dearborn Co.
    Horse, definitely. Even crossbreed mentions the only benefit of the cowhide is that you can dye it. It's an IWB holster meant to be completely concealed - what's the point of dying it???

csaws

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Morgan County
    I ordered mine last night and got horse, better to have it and not need than need it and not have it (or have to shell out another $95). By the way if you use the coupon code NRA you can save 10% there are two other codes for military and LEO's if this applies to you. Ship time is currently 5 weeks FYI.

I too am a XDtalk.com member and as for buying a BLEM one good luck, I tried but the XD ones sell like wild fire.

amhenry

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    Bloomington
    EvilElmo,
    If you're wearing dark clothing but have an undyed leather backer on your holster, if your coat flaps open or your shirt rides up, it would be marginally more visible than one that had been dyed. That's not much of a concern for most people though. For me, it's just a question of looks. I like the look of dyed leather much better.

Top Bottom