• ...and so much more!
  • db1959

Resident Dumbass I
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    In a garage
    A Sphinx is a cheap imitation????

Sphinx is to the CZ design what Wilson or Ed brown is to the 1911. They're in the same league accuracy wise as the Sig P210. IF you can find a Sphinx 3000 (SP01 clone) these days, it's going to cost north of $2000.

I didn't know what a Sphinx really is. I failed to do any research on it before I posted. I apologize.

As a penance I will go without bacon for a day.

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    I didn't know what a Sphinx really is. I failed to do any research on it before I posted. I apologize.

As a penance I will go without bacon for a day.

That is far, far too severe a penalty, no need to make yourself a martyr! :):

Most people don't know about Sphinx. I'd never heard about them until I got into CZ myself. They've had a terrible time with importers, probably because the premium price tag and horrible exchange rate don't make for a profitable product.

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    This is the first time I've ever heard of Sphinx. And I have a deep appreciation for the cz design (have 4 models myself).

From the little I've just read of Sphinx, it reminds me of a brand like RUF is to Porsche, or Alpina to BMW.

I'm digging Cz Customs and their selection of grips. Especially the half checkered cocobolo.

jdude

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 25, 2009
    N.E corner
    Picked up a CZ75 PO-1 today at the Shipshe show, been on the look out for a while and finally came across one so i had to have it. Going to try to get out tomorrow and run a few rounds through it. This gun feels very comfortable in my hand and I will very likely come to love this gun from all the good things I have heard about them.

gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    This looks to be as good a place as any to show one of newest reviews from hickok45. He just makes shooting this C7 75B look too easy.

Enjoy:
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WgDhURHa0OQ[/ame]

David

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2011
    For half again the money these would still be bargains. This is my 75 compact, one magazine from 10 yards and one from 25.
    IMG_0042.jpg

This is the same gun but with CZs single action only trigger. I like the SA better, wasn't sure if I would like the straight trigger, but it's not bad.
    IMG_0647.jpg

stoyan79

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 24, 2009
    I can't believe people are buying Glocks when they can have CZ for a bit more. I love my CZs!

18.jpg

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    CZs are great, and my CZ 75 Compact is my favorite of that format pistol, but there are good clones out there. One of the other guns I have is an Armalite AR-24K and the quality is much better than the CZ. It's built on a forged frame and the workmanship is great. I like the fact too that I can rack the slide to unload a round with the safety on.

I also have a Tanfoglio TZ 75.88 and that too is a great gun. The quality on that seems to be on par with the CZ but the finish is nicer. The safety can be activated with the hammer up or down. The trigger is better than either the CZ or Armalite.

The SAR K2 is a nice choice in a CZ style pistol with a 14+1 capacity in 45 ACP. It's built by the same folks that make the Armalite. I don't have one, but may end up getting one for nightstand duty.

billybob44

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    385   0   0
    Sep 22, 2010
    In the Man Cave
    I like the CZ's too..

Over a period of time, I have owned 4 CZ handguns. I still have 3-2-75B's, and a OD 75-P0-1.
    My oldest Son is getting the "Itch" for a 75B..Soooo...It must be in our DNA..HA..Bill.

Top Bottom