• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Old Bear

Greyman Apprentice
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Aug 19, 2016
    Newton County
    I need the advice of seasoned CZ experts. I carry a PCR, with upgraded night sights, as my EDC. I love the ergonomics and balance of this pistol. I can wear it all day comfortably. I am confident in its reliability and my capability with it. It is one of the few guns that I own that is on my “never sell” list.

But I HATE the finger slapping recurve trigger on this thing. I put 200 rounds through it yesterday, and today, my finger tip feels raw and bruised. I have had enough of the trigger!!!
    :xmad:

So, I am going to order a new “old style” 85c trigger for it. While I am at it, I might as well try to improve the DA trigger pull on it. My question is, what CGW kit would make the most sense for a strictly self-defense pistol? I do not want to compromise the reliability of it at all. It is not, and never will be a range gun. I do not want a hair trigger. Just would like to make things a little smoother.

What say the INGO experts?

TTB Yeee

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 95.8%
    23   1   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Ohio
    I just went thru this on my SP-01 Tactical.

Since you're already buying the trigger, the 3 spring kit will accomplish what you want. You can just buy the Hammer Spring for $7 if you don't want to mess with the firing pin springs. The 3 spring kit is super simple to install. It dropped my DA almost in half (~6-7lbs from ~10-11lbs)
    https://cajungunworks.com/product/spgk1-3-piece-spring-kit-2/

I also put in the reduced power trigger return spring, since I already had it out to change the trigger shoe.
    https://cajungunworks.com/product/rp-trs-reduced-power-trigger-return-spring/

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    There are many that will disagree with me on this, but I’d recommend staying away from the CGW hammers in this situation. The PCR, like any other decocking 75 based pistol such as the P01, uses a single hammer hook instead of the pair of hammer hooks found on safety equipped (non-Omega) CZs. They do this so the decocker can function using one side of the hammer and the sear on the other side. To stabilize the hammer/sear interface, they extend the sear pin out into the frame. This makes for a very consistent hammer sear engagement and they can run a single side hammer hook with no problem.

The problem that does come up is when you use a CGW hammer, you have precious little hammer/sear engagement surface and the SA trigger becomes light. On my P01, using the lighter 13# spring and the CGW hammer, I was getting a sub 2# trigger pull. Great for a range gun, not good for EDC. With the stock main spring, it was up to around 3# but still too light for carry for me.

For a decocker based non-Omega CZ that is used for EDC, I’d skip the hammer and go with the SRS, 85B trigger, replacement trigger pin, lighter TRS and maybe RRS.

YMMV and others are comfortable running with CGW hammers for EDC. This is just what I am happy with in carry guns.

BTW, these guns do respond well to polishing in specific spots so while in there, that might be something worth looking into smooth the DA pull a lot.

Old Bear

Greyman Apprentice
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Aug 19, 2016
    Newton County
    There are many that will disagree with me on this, but I’d recommend staying away from the CGW hammers in this situation. The PCR, like any other decocking 75 based pistol such as the P01, uses a single hammer hook instead of the pair of hammer hooks found on safety equipped (non-Omega) CZs. They do this so the decocker can function using one side of the hammer and the sear on the other side. To stabilize the hammer/sear interface, they extend the sear pin out into the frame. This makes for a very consistent hammer sear engagement and they can run a single side hammer hook with no problem.

The problem that does come up is when you use a CGW hammer, you have precious little hammer/sear engagement surface and the SA trigger becomes light. On my P01, using the lighter 13# spring and the CGW hammer, I was getting a sub 2# trigger pull. Great for a range gun, not good for EDC. With the stock main spring, it was up to around 3# but still too light for carry for me.

For a decocker based non-Omega CZ that is used for EDC, I’d skip the hammer and go with the SRS, 85B trigger, replacement trigger pin, lighter TRS and maybe RRS.

YMMV and others are comfortable running with CGW hammers for EDC. This is just what I am happy with in carry guns.

BTW, these guns do respond well to polishing in specific spots so while in there, that might be something worth looking into smooth the DA pull a lot.

Yeah......I like the SA trigger where it is. A little smoother would not bother me but not any lighter.

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    FWIW, I'm a big fan of the CGW Ultra-Lite Kit, and at $50 it won't break the bank. I run the "blue" spring as the "black" one is too light IMHO for carry (kind of like 88 is saying above), but the blue spring feels just right and makes a big improvement over the stock mainspring in DA. If you're changing out the trigger itself, I'd also recommend the floating trigger pin and the reduced power trigger return spring.

llh1956

CZ Wizard
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Jul 31, 2010
    Lawrence, IN.
    Along with the old style hammer I would get the 54420 Ultra-Lite kit and ask CGW to substitute a #15 mainspring for the 11.5 spring. Also get the 75015 Heavy Lifter Spring. Using the heavier springs will avoid a light sub 4llb trigger. I would also polish the internals to smooth it out!

Old Bear

Greyman Apprentice
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Aug 19, 2016
    Newton County
    Along with the old style hammer I would get the 54420 Ultra-Lite kit and ask CGW to substitute a #15 mainspring for the 11.5 spring. Also get the 75015 Heavy Lifter Spring. Using the heavier springs will avoid a light sub 4llb trigger. I would also polish the internals to smooth it out!

Okay, I have the 54420 Ultra-lite kit (which includes both the #15 and #11.5 mainspring), the "Old Style" 85c trigger, the 75015 Heavy Lifter Spring and the reduced power trigger return spring in my CGW cart. Is there anything else that I should look into replacing?

I love my CZ's. So much so that I dumped all my other 9mm platforms. I appreciate your input and the input of everyone who replied to by post.

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    Okay, I have the 54420 Ultra-lite kit (which includes both the #15 and #11.5 mainspring), the "Old Style" 85c trigger, the 75015 Heavy Lifter Spring and the reduced power trigger return spring in my CGW cart. Is there anything else that I should look into replacing?...

Get the Floating Trigger Pin and the Decocker Slave Pin to make the work easier. If it was me, I'd get a second 75015 Heavy Lifter Spring because there's a fair chance I would launch and lose at least one.

If you don't have a good starter punch go ahead and add one to your order...https://cajungunworks.com/product/sp-forged-steel-starter-punch/... or you can save a bit by ordering the slave pin and starter punch kit...https://cajungunworks.com/product/inst-dc-dcer-install-kit/

Last edited:

Old Bear

Greyman Apprentice
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Aug 19, 2016
    Newton County
    I have the decocker slave pin kit in my cart also. I have the floating trigger set up in my favorites, but am not sure what its purpose is other than making it easier to change the trigger in the future.

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    The OEM trigger pin is flared on both ends to retain it. The flair will be swaged down on one end during removal. The cgw trigger pin has a smaller diameter section in the middle that lets the trigger capture and retain it.

llh1956

CZ Wizard
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Jul 31, 2010
    Lawrence, IN.
    The OEM trigger pin is flared on both ends to retain it. The flair will be swaged down on one end during removal. The cgw trigger pin has a smaller diameter section in the middle that lets the trigger capture and retain it.

You are correct and this will be necessary if you are installing the 85C,Old style trigger. Good choice on the CGW reduced power trigger return springs as I have seen stock spring break.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom