• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • edwea

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Jan 25, 2015
    New Dolan
    Just received a CZ V22 ar upper. These were one of the first, if not THE first, 22lr conversion for the ar platform and are rare as hen's teeth. Figured I would post about it a bit here as they are quite uncommon. This one is a 2005 manufacture. The barrel on these is a 16" twist and are free floated. The bore diameter is .222", not the .224" standard on the 5.56 ar barrel. The gas block is a dummy and just there for optic mounting. This one came with a chinesium Tasco 3-9x mounted in Weaver rings. Tonight was the initial disassembly and cleaning.

full

These are the markings on the receiver. The receiver is aluminum and is a side charger.
    full

Model number on the bottom of the receiver.
    full

This is the bolt face. It took some serious scrubbing to get it to the point of being able to see the firing pin. The previous owner obviously wasn't very enthusiastic about cleaning. I was glad to see the firing pin intact, as I've heard these can be damaged due to dry firing. Tomorrow is upper receiver and barrel cleaning and inspection. Will hopefully get around to shooting it this weekend.
    full

edwea

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Jan 25, 2015
    New Dolan
    Got some time to shoot this today. I tried Norma Subsonic, SK Standard Plus, and SK Pistol Match.
    The Norma was 100% reliable, but accuracy was lacking. I would say I was getting about 2-3 MOA. The SK was not quite as reliable, I had about 8-10 fte out of roughly 50 rounds. It was very accurate with the SK though giving 5-10 shot groups in the same hole. Less than MOA, maybe .75 MOA. Range was 25-30 yards. I suspect shooting supers will solve the reliability issue, as the SK doesn't cycle some of my other semi-autos reliably either. One thing is for sure, I will be upgrading this scope asap. It is literally the worst scope I've ever looked through. Painful on the eyes and never in focus.

Top Bottom