• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • harrisonpainter

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Noblesville, IN
    I gave my youngest daughter her first rifle (Ruger 10/22) and took her shooting for the first time yesterday.

We were only going to focus on safety and take a few shots to get her comfortable, but she caught on quickly and started hitting targets right away!!!

She did an amazing job, listened to me the entire time, and I am one proud papa!!!!

Photo of her preparing for her very first shot.

14t287r.jpg

Getting serious about hitting the targets.

4sk5jb.jpg

...and a little bow time too!!!

4kvclc.jpg

This is a moment I will cherish with my cub forever!!!

Iroquois

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2011
    ABSOLUTELY GREAT, DAD! Now get a collapsible stock so she doesn't have to lean back,
    and you can still shoot it. (Worked for the granddaughter)

PS.....I always start'em with a single shot till I see if they're being responsible, that way they can only shoot me once and say it was an accident.

AmericanBob

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    That's outstanding. I recently did the same thing with my oldest, she's seven. We grabbed the pellet gun and worked on how to hold it, aim it, and the four rules. Once she started pulling the trigger, no can within range was safe! She was super excited about it and has been bugging me non stop to go do it again. I think we're going to try it one more time with the pellet gun, then it'll be off to the range with the 10/22.

kmshooter

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2011
    Boone Co.
    I would encourage you to get your daughter involved in 4-H Shooting Sports. Both of my daughters shoot in Boone County's program. If Hamilton County does not have a good program, check us out in Boone County. The sign up is in October (if I recall correctly) Send me a PM if you have any questions about our program. This year we had just over 400 kids enrolled in Shooting Sports.

Top Bottom