• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • zhigdon91

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2013
    southside indy
    does anyone know where to find a decently priced ar-15 im not looking to spend 1500 looking for around 1000 or less. any suggestions would be a great help or if somebody has one they would consider selling.

thanks

THard6

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Apr 1, 2010
    Greenwood
    welcome to INGO!
    As you most likely know the Ar-15's are pretty hard to come by right now.
    you may want to wait and see if things will settle and then try to pick one up at a reasonable cost!
    every so often you can still find them at your LGS. bradis had about 5 come in last week, I was to far back in line to get my hands on one..

zhigdon91

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2013
    southside indy
    thank you. ya i have seen a few pop up on gunbroker but some1 always ends up raising the bid to a ridiculous amount. i did plan on going to a few lgs today and see how my luck is thanks for the help.

dubsac

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Depending on how bad you want one and are willing to take a drive. Whittakers in Owensboro Ky. They are releasing AR's a few times a week on a ticket system. First come first serve. Here is the list of Saturdays release.

1-S&W M&P15T 5.56 mod811039 $999
    1-Armalite AR-15A4C 7.62x39 $999
    1-Bushmaster 90591 $999
    1-Bushmaster mod 91822 $599
    2-Ruger 1911 Commander mod6702 $629
    10-Windham R16M4A4T 5.56 $889
    8-Windham R16M4FTT 5.56 $849
    25-Bushmaster XM15 uppers mod91822 $599
    Black Mag Tactical Lowers in stock!

We will be doing the same type ticket system that we have been doing. Guns will be offered to the people in line first then we will open things up to phone .

zhigdon91

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2013
    southside indy
    ya ive found that out since everytime i see one for around 1000 with no reserve someone always raises it to about 1500 with in the last few minutes of the auction. i would also be interested in and ak47 or 74 as i have a bunch of ammo from my last ak. but aks are the same story on gunbroker. i usualy go to indy trading post but as of lately the back wall has been very empty.

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Madison Outdoors

Madison Outdoors, in Madison, IN, had a few for around $1K. There was a thread about it recently. Closer than Whittakers but they may be sold out by now.

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    Those days are long gone unless someone has to dump one for fast cash and you ar ethe one standing there at the time with the cash to buy.

atvdave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    SW Indiana
    does anyone know where to find a decently priced ar-15 im not looking to spend 1500 looking for around 1000 or less. any suggestions would be a great help or if somebody has one they would consider selling.

thanks

If you don't mind making the drive, and have a FB account, take a look at Whittaker Guns in Kentucky. They don't ship (AR's right now) so you would have to drive there in person. Also if you pay with a CC you will pay 2% above the price. They have been posting on their FB page the AR's that they will sale the next day.

They have not jacked up their prices, and I for one appreciate that. Just wish they where in Indiana so I could also purchase some handguns from them with-out going through a FFL.

EDIT:... Looks like I need to read ALL the post's before posting to the OP.. anyway.. good luck with whatevery you do..

Last edited:

zhigdon91

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2013
    southside indy
    thanks for all the help guys i really appreciate it looks like i will have to try my luck at whittakers or get lucky and find some1 in need of money or that just wants to be generous and let 1 go for a good price (highly unlikely tho i kno) but thanks again and if u know anyone that is getting rid of any send them my way. also intrested in ak's

Bikerdad61

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Dec 4, 2010
    Sullivan
    looks like i might have to take a trip to ky the way its looking thanks to you all for the help.

Whittaker's is worth the trip whether you buy anything or not. One of the neatest gun shops around. Plus if you like BBQ be sure and make a stop at the Moonlight BBQ in Owensboro. :yesway:

Top Bottom