• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dirka74

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2013
    I'm sure Melensdad will be able to answer this. I started collecting Detonics pistols. I fell in love with them when I got a chance to buy a ScoreMaster 45 acp. It is my favorite and most accurate gun I own. I have several 1911's from Colt's, Sigs, Paras, Performance Center 1911, Etc.

I was able to buy an early CombatMaster, Serial number 22xx. Is this one of the first 250 made? It is in great shape, I would rate it 98% with no real marks to speak of. I include some pictures. You can actually see where the gun was cut and put back together. Quite amazing how they made them back then.

Second gun is a Pocket 9. Not much of a collector, but this one caught my eye. It doesn't have any writing on the slide and it has a polished finish. It doesn't look like the finish I have seen on other Pocket 9s. The entire gun has a polished finish including the trigger. I have seen other examples of guns that where special runs for executives without the markings on the slides. Could this be one of those or just that someone polished off the markings?

P.S. This is my first post ever on any forum, sorry if I screwed it up.

CM 1.JPG
    CM 2.JPG
    CM 3.JPG
    CM 4.JPG
    P9 1.JPG

8th SPS USAF

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 8, 2011
    Hobart , In
    I owned and shot many small Detonics years ago. My buddy had the pocket 9 KICKED like a mule to him, heavy to me. Several of us put Commander round hammers and cut Pachmier (sp) down and used them on the gun. I even met a guy who bought an extra bbl and sent it back to be fitted to shoot 250gr swc lead bullets.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Digging up an OLD as dirt thread, but that is a very early Detonics CombatMaster. It is one of the "paperclip" takedown models, with the hole drilled in the guide rod. The gun looks original. The the barrel is an original "brazed cone," rather than a replaced sloped barrel. The safety looks correct. The hammer is correct for an early model. The arched mainspring housing is probably correct, hard to tell from the photos but looks right.

Top Bottom