• ...and so much more!
  • throttletony

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    nearby
    tagged for interest...
    I saw a vid on these a week ago and have been curious also.
    looks interesting, but doesn't really solve any "problem" for me.

Plus, couldn't your gas tube be bent while disassembled like that??

arthrimus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 1, 2012
    Carmel
    Because pulling two pins to change out an upper is too hard? Its not like your optic will be zero'ed with a different barrel stuck on. To each his own though...
    You're missing the point. It's not about changing barrels, though you could use it for that as well, it's really for portability, the upper receiver adds 6" to any barrel you attach to it. That could be the difference between fitting or not fitting a rifle into a backpack or satchel.

IndyGlockMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    Fishers
    tagged for interest...
    I saw a vid on these a week ago and have been curious also.
    looks interesting, but doesn't really solve any "problem" for me.

Plus, couldn't your gas tube be bent while disassembled like that??

The inside of the handguard is slotted wide where the gas tube goes through which allows it to be turned with out interfering
    Pretty cool design.

ryknoll3

Master
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    I didn't think it that useful. Who really needs to take apart their upper that often, and you're stuck with that fugly handguard.

USMC-Johnson

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 27, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    I remember seeing this first hand about 3-4 months ago. It is freaking awesome. Very well thought out and they are working on a more universal one to beable to interface with more handguards.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2009
    Southern, IN
    Seemed like a sure fire way to have the ATF issue a ban on the pistol arm grip attachment to me. Why post a vid showing how your AR pistol is really just an unregistered SBR?

midget

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 2, 2010
    Leo
    Because pulling two pins to change out an upper is too hard? Its not like your optic will be zero'ed with a different barrel stuck on. To each his own though...

Some of us prefer uppers that the pins are a little harder to remove :)

arthrimus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 1, 2012
    Carmel
    Seemed like a sure fire way to have the ATF issue a ban on the pistol arm grip attachment to me. Why post a vid showing how your AR pistol is really just an unregistered SBR?
    Because the ATF has already issued a well reasoned opinion on why improper use of a weapon does not change the definition of that weapon. This is the same reason that bump fire is legal.

wsenefeld

Master
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Boone Co.
    You're missing the point. It's not about changing barrels, though you could use it for that as well, it's really for portability, the upper receiver adds 6" to any barrel you attach to it. That could be the difference between fitting or not fitting a rifle into a backpack or satchel.

Seems like a lot to give up if the main point is fitting it into a smaller pack. You're stuck with a fugly handguard that gives you no option for attaching a VFG (or afg in pistol config), flashlight, etc. Looks like it disassembles far too easily. It's an interesting novelty but definitely don't see one in my future.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Why?

Seems way to mall ninja...

See above post..

Top Bottom