• ...and so much more!
  • Chewie

Old, Tired, Grumpy, Skeptical
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Martinsville
    I have a DPMS in.308, had 1 initial problem which dealer took care of immediately and never had a problem since! Eats everything and spits just like it is supposed to. I think the vast majority of the "issues" are of the Chevy vs Ford type. I had a cougar that wasn't worth firing and my son has a 96 that is great. Luck of the draw 98% of the time.

My rational nickels worth.

Harleyrider_50

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 19, 2010
    So. Indiana
    Well thank you....but you seem to be under the misconception that I was looking for your approval. But anytime you want to go to a range and get embarrassed in front of everyone...Im game.

:):.......Hahahahahaha......LMAO!......:):

(sumtimes.......ya jus' got'a hand'em they azz .......hahahahahahaha.....:): )

Last edited:

chraland51

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Camby Area
    Here we go once again......I have two DPMS heavy barrelled rifles in .223 and .308. I have had them both for several years. Have not shot them very much, but they seem to work just fine and have not blown up in my face and put out one of my eyes. I guess that I have not had to depend on them in a combat, life or death situation where, as I have heard, they will likely just fall apart in my hands and leave me helpless. They sure were not described as junk when the local gun shop dealers were trying to peddle them to me as a newbie to that platform and dependent upon someone who was supposed to know about such things and wants to build trust with those that they do business with. I knew that car dealers were cheats and theives and that pro-wrestling is all choreographed, but gun shop employees who need repeat business were most likely going to be a little more truthful and not just try to sell me whatever they had in stock. DPMS products were described to be as good as anything else out there as far a production weapons. Guess the joke was on me, huh!!!

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Here we go once again......I have two DPMS heavy barrelled rifles in .223 and .308. I have had them both for several years. Have not shot them very much, but they seem to work just fine and have not blown up in my face and put out one of my eyes. I guess that I have not had to depend on them in a combat, life or death situation where, as I have heard, they will likely just fall apart in my hands and leave me helpless. They sure were not described as junk when the local gun shop dealers were trying to peddle them to me as a newbie to that platform and dependent upon someone who was supposed to know about such things and wants to build trust with those that they do business with. I knew that car dealers were cheats and theives and that pro-wrestling is all choreographed, but gun shop employees who need repeat business were most likely going to be a little more truthful and not just try to sell me whatever they had in stock. DPMS products were described to be as good as anything else out there as far a production weapons. Guess the joke was on me, huh!!!

No...you have a pair of the older rifles that were well made my friend. I had 1 older piece that was great. Let it go. Replaced it recently times 2 as I have children that shoot. "Both" the new rifles were total "Turds".

The new ones are more prone to issues.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    No...you have a pair of the older rifles that were well made my friend. I had 1 older piece that was great. Let it go. Replaced it recently times 2 as I have children that shoot. "Both" the new rifles were total "Turds".

The new ones are more prone to issues.
    Actually, I have a DPMS AP-4 .22 upper which is weeks old. It is a new design and has far surpassed my expectations. A buddy has an older DPMS .22 and since shooting mine says that mine is better. As to the DPMS knocking, it has been hashed and rehashed on many other boards ad nauseam. It seems like most DPMS owners are happy campers and in the end, that is all that matters.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Actually, I have a DPMS AP-4 .22 upper which is weeks old. It is a new design and has far surpassed my expectations. A buddy has an older DPMS .22 and since shooting mine says that mine is better. As to the DPMS knocking, it has been hashed and rehashed on many other boards ad nauseam. It seems like most DPMS owners are happy campers and in the end, that is all that matters.

Not familiar with the rifle you mention. Glad you like it. I speak only from my own personal experience with the DPMS rifles I have owned. As I stated, the one we still have is full of M&P parts from the tip of the barrel to the bottom of the lower. Now it runs fine. JMHO.

Edit....I like Chevy's..................:):

sig1473

Master
    Rating - 100%
    100   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    The Greater Good
    What it just comes down to is that people who bought a DPMS are trying to justify their $1000 purchase but facts are facts. DPMS rifles are not built up to par as DD, Spikes, BCM, Colt, LWRC, LMT, Noveske, yada yada. I have a DPMS LR-308 and I know it is not a LWRC Repr, but I'm okay with that. The fact that people are trying to say their DPMS is the "same" as the before mentioned ARs is just laughable and asinine. If it performs well for you and you are okay with that then fine. Shoot, shoot, and shoot it some more. This comes from a fellow DPMS owner.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    Not familiar with the rifle you mention. Glad you like it. I speak only from my own personal experience with the DPMS rifles I have owned. As I stated, the one we still have is full of M&P parts from the tip of the barrel to the bottom of the lower. Now it runs fine. JMHO.

Edit....I like Chevy's..................:):
    "Them's fightin' words!", he said, as he eased his boot-covered foot down from the 3" stainless steel step bar of his F-150.

jjacobs

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    Indy S./Bloomington
    They get knocks because like so many other commercial manufacturers, even car companies, if they were put together on monday or friday stay away...

I have a DPMS and it functions well. It does everything I demand of it... but it isn't sexy.

IMO if it works fine... don't change it.

Top Bottom