• ...and so much more!
  • 1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    The S&W revolver is my favorite revolver mainly because there is a "spot" in the trigger pull where the hammer is all the way back, the cylinder is locked into a loaded cylinder, and just squeezing the trigger another ounce or millimeter or thousands of an inch will allow the hammer to fall.

It's called staging the trigger. It's in the design. I practice it and am fairly good at it. It makes for a very accurite shot in a DAO revolver "but" is not a fast way to shoot. It takes practice. I like that the S & W can do it. I don't know if other DAO revolvers do? I love my 640!!

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2011
    Jerry Miculek had the S&W custom shop turn a revolver into a gear shifter for his vehicle so he could dry fire when he drives.

OK........ I am beaten. I am a broken man......... phylodog, please tell me that you made this up.

Where I used to work we had a saying..... "The first liar hasn't got a chance!" It means that once a person says anything, anything at all, no matter how outrageous, that person is committed to his statement. This leaves any other person (the "second liar") free to top the first statement without fear of the first liar revising his statement that he has committed to.

In any public discourse "The first liar hasn't got a chance"

BeDome

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2013
    NOBLESVILLE
    My 640-3 is a DA only. I practice trigger pull and keeping the front sight steady often. It has helped me tremendiously. I could tell the difference on every range trip. I only have one gun that you can't dry fire. It's an old Marlin 22 bolt action.

And the OP is right. It does improve the trigger pull by breaking in the surfaces.

A really good mention, that; breaking in the trigger assembly is a point of dry firing NOT lost on me.

(sorry, do not see the big "Thumbs Up" smiley)

calcot7

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 12, 2008
    Indy N Side
    yes they do........but not like a Smith.
    It's called staging the trigger. It's in the design. I practice it and am fairly good at it. It makes for a very accurite shot in a DAO revolver "but" is not a fast way to shoot. It takes practice. I like that the S & W can do it. I don't know if other DAO revolvers do? I love my 640!!

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2011
    I didn't make it up. I've not spoken to or seen any modern firearms instructors who don't recommend dry fire practice.

No, I am well beyond the dryfire argument........ I am now traumatized by the Smith & Wesson shifter knob! Say it isn't really true...... please don't let it be true.

Top Bottom