• ...and so much more!
  • Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I just found a conversion kit listed in the Midway USA catalog to convert your (my) EAA Witness from .45acp to shoot .22Lr.

There is a denotation asking large or small frame. I'm guessing mine is a large frame, but how do I tell? It's an older, all-steel frame model.

Also, I would mind a short review from someone with some hands-on experience with this kit.
    Anyone here shot or have one?

Claddagh

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 21, 2008
    Just a semi-educated guess but if it's an older steel frame model, then it should be classified as "large frame". I own an older all-steel Witness 9x19 and a CZ 97B. My CZ uses the exact same mags as the Witness .45. The CZ is notably larger in a few dimensions. FWIW, I had Neil Keller install an EAA ambi thumb safety on my 97B. All that took besides the part in the way of mods was making one small relief cut in the LH side of the frame "window" so their dimensions, etc. must be very closely similar.

Can't say anything about the conversion kit, as I don't have one....yet. Now that I know there is one, I'll be taking steps to correct that. I'd heard and read that the CZ "Kadet" conversion rig won't work with an EAA frame. As my Witness has run flawlessly for me over ca. 9K rds now, and is long payed for, buying a "real" CZ 75B just so I could get a .22 conversion unit too just didn't make sense to me.

YETB

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 12, 2011
    Indy - West
    I have an EAA Witness - full steel Frame - i have it in 9mm, and the 22 LR "conversion" - I bought mine as a set.

As for figuring out if you have a small or large frame and what slide you need - contact EAA in Florida. Give them your Serial # and they will tell you what you need.

I have bought Mag's for both 9mm and 22LR and it's VERY hard to decipher what's correct based on web site descriptions. I have ended up just buying direct from EAA EAA Corp.- European American Armory Corporation

They are not warm and fuzzy on the phone - BUT will be helpful if you just give them your serial number and let them think for you. I have tried both ways (thinking I knew what I needed - and letting them TELL me what is correct )- the second way is much preferred.

As for the actual 22 conversion - works fine - it comes with the slide - spring and guide, and barrel, as well as magazine.

IT REQUIRES High Velocity (CCI mini-mag is what i have settled on shooting out of that gun). Does have adjustable sights - and seems more accurate than I am, once adjusted.

Looks pretty nice too...

ps. Go to PARTS > CONVERSIONS - that page has the kits, and has the phone number on the bottom.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom