• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County

The Extar EP9 Carbine brings the proven EP9 pistol into a rifle platform sporting a 16-inch BLACKNITRIDE+ barrel, an all-new handguard, and top rail. The EP9 Carbine is a 9mm rifle at its best, having a lightweight of nearly five pounds, we wanted to ensure that it is a soft shooter. To make that happen, we added a separate weight to the top of the bolt. This MASS-DELAYED BLOWBACK system reduces bolt velocity for a soft shooting experience without any impact on reliability. In addition to this system, you have Extar’s proven Recoil Damper to eliminate recoil impulse and our brand-new Dynamic Mass Bolt which has a spring-loaded weight to cancel any possible bolt bounce. The Extar EP9 Carbine features standard AR-15 grip, stock, safety, and trigger compatibility; opening up countless options for customization and personalization.

The Extar EP9 Carbine is made of high-tech, high-quality, engineering-grade polymer and weighs only 5 pounds, we're certain this will be the all-around most comfortable, most dependable, most accurate gun you will ever own. It's compatible with Glock 9mm magazines, is easy to use and maintain, and outperforms rifles costing twice as much.

Specifications:

Caliber: 9x19 Luger
    Barrel Length: 16.25"
    Barrel Thread: 1/2-28"
    Handguard Length: 8”
    Capacity: Up to 33rd
    Magazine: Glock 9mm double stack magazine compatible (G19 & G17)
    Overall Length Collapsed: 31.25"
    Over Length Extended: 35”
    Overall Height: 7.9"
    Overall Width: 2"
    Weight (Unloaded): 5lbs. 2oz.
    Bolt & Barrel Finish: BLACKNITRIDE+
    Trigger Action: Single-Stage
    Charging Handle: Side-Charging Reciprocating
    PATENTED Last-Round Hold Open

$499.00

This looks like a decent 9mm Carbine.

Scott58

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2022
    NW indiana
    I looked at these last year and ended up going with Freedom ordinance. Not sure what would have been better. They both seem to work.

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    Had an EP9 pistol and it never malfunctioned after putting 1000 rounds through it. It was light weight, reliable and very accurate. The forearm was a little funky and the upper and lower receivers were polymer. Sold it because I already had two other pistol caliber carbines. Now I'm down to one carbine, so an EP9 carbine may be in my future.

Squid556

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 26, 2022
    Wabash Co.
    I've always been a bit curious of those EP9s. Friend has one and likes it. Seems to be very good for the money.

Only negative i have heard is that they might be ammo picky, specifically aluminum case.

Jarvitron

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 12, 2023
    Indianapolis
    I have followed along with EP9 for a long while and heard lots of positive reviews, I'm personally more interested in the EP45 as well. They had some issues with the Gen1 but IIRC it was mostly people using (polymer) adapters to put standard (al) buffer tubes on them and the adapters splitting. I believe they now have a manufacturer option for a standard multiposition buffer tube (polymer, proprietary).

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Reminds me of a 9mm version of the old Professional Ordnance Carbon 15. Should make it a really soft shooting lightweight!

Top Bottom