• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DarkRose

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    Columbus, Indiana
    Ok, so I got my FFL renewal back and was denied on two counts...

One was a question I completely misread, and saw "permitted" instead of prohibited... So thats on me.

The other was I didn't submit a copy to my CLEO, and wrote "N/A" in that spot. Since it was a Curio & Relic (07 FFL?) I didn't have to submit anything or notify the CLEO when I got it in the first place, I assumed I wouldn't when I renewed... Has something changed?

What will I need to do to correct the question I answered wrong?

I'm going to call the number on the letter later today when I get up before work, but in case I'm put on hold for a ridiculous amount of time and have to head to work, just wondering how to correct things.

Thanks!

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Nothing has changed. You were supposed to send a copy to your CLEO when you got it. That's been on there for at least the last 7-8 years (when I got my first one... probably before that, too, but I can't attest to that.)

So... Sorry, man, but this one's all on you. :dunno:

Best advice I can give you is to reapply and read more carefully. I'm trying not to sound like a d**k here... that's just the best advice I can offer.

Blessings,
    Bill

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Bill is right. You need to send a letter along with a photocopy of the app to your CLEO.

And as for reading - READ AND RE-READ. It's easy to miss something*.

* Ask me how I know.

DarkRose

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    Columbus, Indiana
    Nothing has changed. You were supposed to send a copy to your CLEO when you got it. That's been on there for at least the last 7-8 years (when I got my first one... probably before that, too, but I can't attest to that.)

So... Sorry, man, but this one's all on you. :dunno:

Best advice I can give you is to reapply and read more carefully. I'm trying not to sound like a d**k here... that's just the best advice I can offer.

Blessings,
    Bill

Yes I submitted a copy of the FFL after I received it to the CLEO, but I don't remember having to send the CLEO a copy of the application itself... I believe I also had a re-submit a copy of my actual FFL when I did my address change as well.

And yeah, I try to read carefully because I know the wording is a bit tricky sometimes, that one just got by me.

level0

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 13, 2013
    Indianapolis
    BATFE has got to go. An entire organization exists to ensure law abiding citizens are harrassed and harangued and beguiled. The whole concept of "it's illegal, let's make more laws making it more illegal" is insanely stupid.

Gunaria

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 3, 2010
    Warrick Co.
    First of all what are you renewing? A 01 or 03 FFL license? Your message leaves me with the flavor that you are mad/pissed and just typed away. It will all get worked out over time.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Yes I submitted a copy of the FFL after I received it to the CLEO, but I don't remember having to send the CLEO a copy of the application itself... I believe I also had a re-submit a copy of my actual FFL when I did my address change as well.

And yeah, I try to read carefully because I know the wording is a bit tricky sometimes, that one just got by me.

It happens, man. PITA, but hopefully easily resolved. Would have been in previous administrations. This one? Who knows? Hope it works out both well and quickly for you.

Blessings,
    Bill

DarkRose

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    Columbus, Indiana
    First of all what are you renewing? A 01 or 03 FFL license? Your message leaves me with the flavor that you are mad/pissed and just typed away. It will all get worked out over time.

No, I was just wondering how to go about fixing it, in case I couldn't get ahold of anyone at the number on the letter I was sent (and I didn't, it went to voicemail)

I didn't know if I needed to correct my existing renewal application (it was sent back), and how to "officially" correct it, or if I had to fill out a whole new one. It says the renewal is still active for 30 days. I know some places don't allow corrections, some allow corrections if dated and initialed, etc.

It's an 03 Curio & Relic FFL. (Not sure why I thought it was an 07...)

And I really didn't remember having to submit a copy of the app when I first got it, I thought I just submitted a copy of the FFL itself, for an 03. I know and 01/Dealer FFL has to have the app submitted, and there were a lot of exceptions and blanks to skip if it was just a C&R...

Going to try to call again tomorrow.

Top Bottom