• ...and so much more!
  • Shay

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Indy
    Mindset Lab | Real Training + Real Testing

Here is the Mindset Laboratory schedule through the end of 2012. If you've never trained with me, take a look at July as I've booked back-to-back Intro to Force on Force classes to give students an easy opportunity to get started.

Both my April classes are already full so I left them off the list.

May 19th: Dynamic Force on Force Scenarios
    May 20th: Vehicle FoF Scenarios

Jun 16th: Flashlight Combatives

Jul 21st: Intro to Force on Force
    Jul 22nd: Intro to Force on Force

Aug 4th: Low Light FoF Scenarios
    Aug 5th: Dynamic Force on Force Scenarios

Sep 9th: Flashlight Combatives
    Sep 15th: Intro to Force on Force
    Sep 16th: Vehicle FoF Scenarios

Oct 20th: Dynamic Force on Force Scenarios
    Oct 21st: Low Light FoF Scenarios

Nov 17th: Flashlight Combatives
    Nov 18th: Firearm Combatives & Retention

Dec 1st: Intro to Force on Force
    Dec 2nd: Vehicle FoF Scenarios

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    For those interested in an in-depth look at what some of these classes offer, feel free to check out my AARs.

Flashlight Combatives
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...boratory_flashlight_combatives_12_4_11_a.html

Intro to Force-on-Force and Dynamic Force-on-Force Scenarios
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...d_dynamic_fof_scenarios_feb_18_19_2012_a.html

Firearms Combatives & Retention
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...mbatives_and_retention_march_18th_2012_a.html

Looking at the schedule, it looks like Shay has made some availability on a Friday for Flashlight Combatives and Sat/Sun for Intro to FoF. I know that was holding some people back from taking them.

I would certainly recommend Shay and Mindset Laboratory. I've been very pleased with the courses I've taken so far, and will be taking the rest of his offerings in the next 2 months. Feel free to PM me with any questions about the courses, as I'll give you my honest opinion on them.

I appreciate what he's teaching enough that I spent this afternoon at the new facility helping to construct, paint, and clean the new "town". I'm really looking forward to the classes in the new space!

Shay

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Indy
    Besides "supervising" Esrice did pick up a paint roller and pose for a picture.

478c7538.jpg

Seriously, it was great having your help yesterday. Here's the result of some of your handy work:

39325ad4.jpg

We're almost ready to launch this town.

Shay

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Indy
    Buying another new gun (not even an amazing new gun like the M&P Shield) won't make you safer. The decisions you make under stress will make the difference. Focus your time, energy and money on education. Invest in yourself.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    Buying another new gun (not even an amazing new gun like the M&P Shield) won't make you safer. The decisions you make under stress will make the difference. Focus your time, energy and money on education. Invest in yourself.

Not a fan of the M&P Shield?

Shay

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Indy
    Not a fan of the M&P Shield?

No, not a fan of everybody thinking a new wonder gun is going to solve their problems for them. This week it's the Shield. Next week it will be the ???

I wish gun owners would put 1/10th as much thought, time and money getting training as they do filling their safes with more guns.

At the end of the day it's tough to admit that YOU are the weak link in your personal defense plan. It's a lot easier to chase the "perfect" carry gun (which doesn't really exist).

:twocents:

MangoTango

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 5, 2011
    Greenwood
    But its smaller and lighter and more reliable and they made enough so you can get it right now and the trigger pull is easier because it is all about the trigger pull and its easier to conceal and i saw a woman shooting it so it must be easy to use............how can this not make me better at drawing it from concealment when I get jumped in the parking garage in downtown indy with my hands full of bags after a circle center shopping spree.

Wormhauler

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Tipton
    Probably we could all do more training for self defense. So many of us carry for self defense but how many really would know what to do if confronted with a threat.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    how many really would know what to do if confronted with a threat.

I've actually seen people here on INGO say "I don't know what I would do in that situation". Really? Because the moment it happens probably isn't the best time to start formulating a plan.

Failing in FoF is a great way to start putting a plan together. Your strengths and weaknesses will quickly come to the top.

You don't need to be an expert marksman to take FoF training. You just need to be a thinking person.

smccabe17

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 14, 2008
    Lawrenceburg
    After taking Shay's classes and other classes I learned where I succeeded at and what I failed at. What I need to work on. After his FoF and Flashlight class I always have a plan of action walking down the street or going into a new building (knowing where the exits are and keeping my back to a wall to observe the area). Walking down the street it is not odd for me to have my surefire cusped in my hand.

I have changed my gun money over to ammo and training. I am hoping to take at least three classes this summer.

It was disappointing after I realized to stop worrying about the gun and focus on myself. You can only buy so many Glock 19's and they all are the same. Going into gun shops and reading articles is just not that fun anymore.

Top Bottom